Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How do you handle being sick?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:27 PM
  • 18 Replies

I am sick....kidney stones....vomiting diarrhea since saturday....and I feel like I am letting my kids down not participating with them today...I may need to go to the hospital but I havve no one to take me and then be there for my kids while gone and when I get home under the influence of a sedative. yes, my kids can make their own samwiches and make top ramen but i still feel like a loser...yes, their dad knows but he is too busy to help out.

So what do you other women do who do not have any support system?? I am alone, no family few friends. oh and no otherr CM members are in my town  thanks

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:39 PM
3 moms liked this

It really depends on the ages. I was down for a week with a double ear infection and pneumonia. Kids did everything from dinner to laundry. You aren't supermom, its a fictional character, do not try to hold yourself to that standard. It is good for kids to realize that you are human, that you hurt, get sick just like they do. It won't kill them to take care of mom a bit.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:46 PM
If you have to go to the hospital will their father than take them?
Proud-young-mom
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:59 PM
I rarely get sick. When i did. Me and ds both were sick. I still had 2 get up and take care of us. It is hard being a single mother. I wish u the best!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:02 PM

If you need to go to the hospital, you need to tell their dad to be a dad and take care of his children since you can't leave them home alone while you're recovering.  If he's not happy about it, tough... he shouldn't have signed on to be a dad!

dtm1491
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:06 PM

It's rough no doubt about that. When I am home I rest on the couch and pretty much do what I have to.MY bf is a big help. I have never had to be in the hospital thank God. In your case their Dad really needs to step up.

mom2priceboys
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:38 PM

no he is too busy being out there doing drugs so totally not an option!!

Quoting virginiamama71:

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Ok I thought busy meant busy with a job.

When you say No family is this cause you come from a small family and they are spread out and do not live close to you or has your family stopped relations with you?

Quoting mom2priceboys:

Quoting virginiamama71:

mom2priceboys
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:23 PM

A job hahaha - I am and have been the sole sorce of income into my house!! Family is too far, we have spread out but I do have limited relations with them as they are against me leaving my husband for his substance and physical abuse. I have limited  relatons with them becasue that is what I need to do - OK they too have substance issues - maried what I know and now I know better - change stinks!! not a pity party and I am kinda feeling better today - thank you!!

Quoting virginiamama71:

Ok I thought busy meant busy with a job.

When you say No family is this cause you come from a small family and they are spread out and do not live close to you or has your family stopped relations with you?

Quoting mom2priceboys:

Quoting virginiamama71:

lnrmom
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:04 PM

How old are your children?

mom2priceboys
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 6:56 PM

they are 13 and 15 but have special needs. I am better today so life resumed but yesterday we all stayed inside, had hot dogs for dinnner - it worked out. It is more the feeling less than great mom syndrome and the single thing is new to me (us)

Quoting lnrmom:

How old are your children?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN