Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Went from 2 people and a cat- added 2 dogs and 8 people overnight

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:03 AM
  • 5 Replies

Normally living at my house is me, daughter and her Cathie at my house is my ex (yes he got out of hospital), our family dog that lives with him, our son (that is in army is visiting for first time since back from Afghanistan), sons new puppy and sons friends ... 6 of them.

sure I'm thrilled to see son.... But two dogs and 8 more people here is a huge adjustment. It's loud and rowdy here tonight!

my kids (9 and 20) already can't get along! Daughter wants to constantly be around son and his friends and well they just aren't always talking about/watching appropriate stuff for a 9'year old.... So then she cries and acts ugly.

son got here at 7am and its been crazy since 2pm and will be for two solid weeks. I know he wants tomhangmwith friends, I'm not upset.... Just sad daughter is upset.

oh and did you catch the part about my ex bing here. That is added stress. Yes he helps cook and keep the big kids under control but its still stressful!

by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mom2priceboys
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:30 PM

sounds like a lot off fun but also you may need to make some girl time for you and daughter as well as in a day make sure she get a good amount of time with ust her and brother

sunshine389142
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Sounds crazy.  I think I would set some ground rules for your son and his friends.  If they are going to be in your house, they need to respect you and your daughter.  It is her house too.  So, they don't need to be watching/talking about things that are not appropriate for a 9 yr old when she is around - they are old enough to know better about what they should talk about.  And your son needs to remember that even though his sister probably gets on his nerves some, if he spent some time doing what she wanted to do with her, it would go a long way - again, he is old enough he should be able to handle this responsibility.

Good luck.  Glad your ex is at least being helpful.  Hopefully the stress goes down soon.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Wow good luck!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Hugs!!

steviechick
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:55 AM

group hug

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN