Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Here's money, not

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:49 AM
  • 7 Replies
I have a friend with rush parents and his parents are offering to pay for anything for him. Tonight he said and I quote " Im talking about how I get to decide, make my choices the way I want, to do what I want and not have to worry about money at all. Its very liberating." First off this is the second or third time he has said this to me in one sitting and secondly I told him to shut up about his money availability considering there are woman in this world that aren't being given money. I felt it was very rude and inconsiderate.
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
steviechick
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:00 AM

It must be nice to be have mom and dad provide even when you are a grown adult.  This man needs to learn to provide for himself.  One day mom and dad won't be here.  Your friend's parents need to cut the cord.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Ask him if his parents will adopt me. ; -) 

Bookoholic
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:14 PM
I know. I felt very put down

Quoting steviechick:

It must be nice to be have mom and dad provide even when you are a grown adult.  This man needs to learn to provide for himself.  One day mom and dad won't be here.  Your friend's parents need to cut the cord.

Bookoholic
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:15 PM
I doubt they will I thought of the same thing. Lol

Quoting virginiamama71:

Robsessed98
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:32 PM
IF he's telling the truth, his parents aren't doing him any favors by paying him to be a slacker. I personally wouldn't be bragging about mommy and daddy paying my way when I was an adult, but that's bc I've always taken pride in being able to support myself. I'm far from rich, but at least I made the money myself instead of leeching off someone else. My fwb comes from money, but hasn't taken a dime from his parents since graduated HS. He paid his own way through college by choice (by working, scholarships and loans). He now has 4 engineering & mechanical degrees and is a self-made millionaire. Now if anyone should have bragging rights, it's him, but he rarely does. He just works his ass off and enjoys the best leisure time by doing whatever he wants.
P.S. No, although it's tempting, I don't take any cash or gifts from him, but do let him pay when we are together. We are good fwb, but for several reasons we can't ever be more even if we wanted, so I would feel like a whore if I took his money... Damn my morals LOL
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I agree! 

Quoting steviechick:

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Me too! 

Quoting virginiamama71:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)