Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Just a Rant!

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:32 AM
  • 5 Replies
I love my sister I really do. I am so sick of her commenting on how she knows just how I feel as a single mom. NO YOU FREAKING DONT your husband works long hours you have help, you have support really close by, his parents and they will take all 3 of her kids whenever she asks them too. I'm alone no one comes home to help me at the end of the day. I love my daughter and in no way saying that I am resentful of what I do for her but damn. Her husband went out of town for a week and she called me saying I'm a single mom he's gone all week long. I wanted to smack her. END OF RANT bash away if you want!
CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ghostcat90
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Yeah she's effing clueless.  Smack her the next time or call me so I can.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:17 PM

People are clueless about many things and single parenthood is one.

stillstandin246
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:32 PM
There is nothing like being a single mom unless you actually are one. When u have someone who comes home every day, someone that has to help figure out kids and bills and everything, you can't imagine how it is to actually have to do EVERYTHING ALL BY YOURSELF and not to have anyone who's responsible for your family like u are. Yeah it makes ya wanna slap 'em!
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Hugs mama vent away!

steviechick
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I feel your pain, mama!  I was married and felt like a single mom but I never said I was.  There is a huge difference is being married and having a spouse to supposedly help you with raising children.  Your sister isn't thinking about what truly constitutes being 'single' and 'married'. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN