Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Evil things he said during the pregnancy, once the baby is here Will he be a fit parent?

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:07 PM
  • 87 Replies

My x fiance left me for another women when i was 11 weeks pregnant. He has been seeing this girl for the past 6 months. We have barely commuincate about the pregnancy and our plans for when our daughter is here. He has been back and forth with me about being with me and being with the baby for the past 5 months. We have cut of all ties recently as he as changed his phone number and stated he wants nothing to do with me.

When he first left me, he said that he will be praying for a misscarriage and being involved with me was his biggest regret ( we were together for 5 yrs) the ups and downs between us have increase since separating. He says we wish he never gave me this baby because now he is tied to me forever

He referes to this precious baby as a big mistake, his biggest regret and said that he will pray for a miscarriage.

i dont want my daughter subjected to a "dad" that refers to her in such a way

Will he ever clean up his act?

by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:09 PM
7 moms liked this
Only he can change his ways. If he is gone to someone else, leave him where he is. Take care of yourself and your baby.
xoch86
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM
4 moms liked this

Only time will tell.. As I've seen on CM, there are a lot of men like this, but once they see the baby it's a whole different story. On the other hand, there are those who once the baby is out, they use it as a pawn to spite u.. Going to court for custody they don't want.. Having the gf play mommy to the child..

if YOU chose to keep him in the baby's life, prepare for the good, bad, and the ugly.. Or save urself the drama, and don't risk him being the douche he potentially could be.

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:37 PM
People say a lot of things they don't mean when they are in stressful situations. Think about all the kids that have told their parents that they hate them as a prime example.

Only time will tell what sort of dad he'll be, if he decides to be involved.

gingerszabo21
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Not likely.

newlife2013
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM
It will be hard for him to take back those things he said, good luck to you hopefully you don't ever go back with him, they don't change..
anitalynn7
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:58 AM
I agree; only he can change his ways. He may change once he sees his child, and he may not. Only he can decide what he will do, and just focus on what's best for your LO and you.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Only he can change his ways. If he is gone to someone else, leave him where he is. Take care of yourself and your baby.

shelley11709
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:26 AM
3 moms liked this
I wouldn't give him the time of day. If he is that much of an as because if the stress of a pregnancy imagine how much worse he could be with the stress of raising a child. I personally would never let my child spend anytime with someone who said that they were a mistake and prayed for their life to be over.

Change can happen but he has proven that he is untrustworthy. Make him earn the right to see his child if he decides he wants to be in the child's life later. But for now do what is right for you and your child without him in the picture.
Mama110981
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:30 AM
2 moms liked this
We must have the same ex. Bc that was my situation, pretty much word for word... But i have a son
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:32 AM
4 moms liked this

Dont count on it.  Be smart get sole custody early.  You can't force someone to be a dad but you can be the best mom you can be and provide that strong male role model somewhere else it doesn't have to be by blood.

3kidz123
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:33 AM

If he still feels this way after she comes chances are she'll never know because he won't want to ever see or talk to her. If he desides to be in her life then I doubt he'll keep talking like that so either way she shouldn't end up subjected to that kind of talk.

GL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN