Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

So this guy I like is a TOTAL gentleman...but...he can't kiss! Help?

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:50 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

He's a total sweetheart. Showed me a good time on our first date, accepts my DD openly, and we really seemed to hit it off. He's one of those guys that you know would be good to you, but they've obviously missed out on experiencing women.

We are not together, but I would like to change that...if I could get over some tiny details. When we make out (we haven't slept together at all), he sticks his toungue out, doesnt put it in my mouth, and just flicks it back and forth. Slightly odd the first time, tried showing him the second time by just giving him a passionate kiss, and realized that I may need to be more honest and direct. During the second make out session, he seemed stuck doing what he was doing. 

It scares me to think of how he is at sex. Should I keep seeing him? If so, how can I assist him with his kissing technique? 

by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chirpymama87
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Like I was once told, a while back, "As a woman it is our duty to teach our man to satisfy us how WE want. Teach him how to kiss YOU. Teach him how to make love to YOU. "

Take things slow. Don't tell him flat out that he sucks. Don't even hint. Just kiss him til he gets the picture. Same with having sex, critise in movements, not gestures.

If there's no improvement. Oh well! Lol
brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 6:21 AM

It just sucks because I really like him, but when I tried showing him, it was as though he were stuck doing the same thing. He'll start off with just the lips,getting slower and slower, making you prepare for a good make out session, but then the damn toungue comes out and ruins it!

deltathree
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Had to chuckle, but seriously....  If he's a great guy and he hasn't been around the block obviously, isn't that a good thing?  Go for it.  I'm sure he'll get better with the kissing part - it takes practice.  Have fun practicing.

good

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:44 AM

lol teach him :)

steviechick
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Is this guy a puppy dog?  LOL!   Tell him he sucks at kissing and show him how it's done.  If he still has problems then it's time to dump the dude. 

Bero2007
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

ugh this makes me so scared to start dating. I was with the same person for 8 years so now I'm getting even more nervous! OMG what if the next person thinks I'm a bad kisser!

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you dating my ex-husband?  lol

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I just had this same issue. I am dating a guy and his kissing was a total turn off.

I flat out told my guy  the way I liked to be kissed. Also I told him no tongue in public and he uses to much of it. My guy has finally gotten the hint and is much better. He is still not a great kisser but getting better. Kissing is done with lips...and there is a time and place you slowly slip the tongue in. Your guy just does not have a clue and needs to be coached and told this. If its easier to text him then do it. I would tell him that you like him and are attracted to him but you liked to be kissed a certain way and that the kissing technique needs to change.

This guy has told me I'm a great kisser, and I kissed a guy a few weeks ago in Vegas and he also told me I was a good kisser. So I trust I am one :) I'm pretty sure i know what I am doing and some guys don't.

We also have not been intimate and I'm wondering how he is going to be. We are taking it slow but if the sex is bad....I will lose interest but he has indicated he is eager to please me, so far he has been accepting of my critique.

Tell this guy flat out. You have nothing to lose. You may lose interest all together if its not fixed anyways.

Good luck.

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I am basically at the point where kissing on the first date is mandatory if there is interest. That way I can kick the guy to the curb if he does not know how to kiss. My ex husband and ex boyfriend were both GREAT kissers...I cannot handle a guy that cannot do it right.

I went on a match date last year and they guy kissed me on the first date. He was AWFUL and had bad breath too. Total turn off. Yuck.

BeachMommy07
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

They don't become better kissers. Trust me. I won't settle. lmao. I'm sorry girl :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN