Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Fell off the wagon and beating myself up!

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:47 AM
  • 10 Replies

So I told my ex to back off....quit texting about stupid things/acting concerned for me/giving me "updates" on what him and our son are doing/playing etc. I haven't said a word or sent a text in 3 weeks....(just answered questions about dop off times). Well, on fri when I dropped my son off. It was pouring rain, bad winds, etc. pulled over at a chilis. My ex then texted and said...."we'll I will come meet you their, have lunch.  You could go if you want but you shouldn't drive in this weather...let it let up a bit." We'll, my dumbass stayed while my son and ex had lunch. I should have left/just sucked it up and driven in the rain! Now I feel stupid for giving in and letting him win again. 

Please no bashing...I am doing enough of that on my own.

by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I think what you did was fine, and probably safest for your son.  ((hug))

aidensmom0407
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I don't think that is something you should beat yourself up about.  It's a good thing you didn't drive out in the bad weather

MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on Jun. 23, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I dont think you "let him win".. its nothing to beat yourself up for.

pedritosmama
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 4:20 PM
2 moms liked this

It kind of even sounds like your ex was looking out for your wellbeing.  That's a good thing. 

Are you really complaining that he acts concerned about you?  My ex hopes I choke.  I wish my ex cared about my wellbeing.  If I died, he'd throw a party.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Don't beat yourself up.  It was pouring down rain.  Why worry about getting out of a restaurant where your son and your ex were eating just to go back into bad weather?  I would have enjoyed a coffee away from view and then once the rain let up just walk out and leave.  Your ex is at least being nice to you.  Like the other's have said, mine wishes I was dead.  But, I wish he was dead, too. LOL! 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Hugs!

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:17 PM

group hug

tyfry7496
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:32 PM
You didn't let him win. Honestly, he was right. If it was raining that bad you shouldn't have driven.
wonderouslife84
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:44 PM

im the type of mom that would want updates about my ex and the activites the kids are doing with him. but i dont think you need to beat yourself up over any thing like that. let it go hun life is bigger then that small part of one day... chin up

Robsessed98
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:56 PM
You did nothing wrong. Co-parents should be able to eat lunch with their children. Doesn't mean anything more than that. Go back to convos only about the child and let your "weak moment " go.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)