Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Have you ever been on vacation without your kids?

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:46 PM
  • 14 Replies

Since becoming a mom, have you ever taken a vacation without the kids?

by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsary
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:49 PM
No. And I sure could use it!
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:54 PM

No and would not know what to do if I did. Whenever we go away I always have fun with my son.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I have, but it was with my mom and only for a couple of days.  It sure was nice though!  

Otherwise, I've only taken work trips without the kids.

aidensmom0407
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Yes, only for 3 days tho.  I missed him too much.  I will have to do it again for a week soon but it's for a wedding. 

Blessed_Mommy87
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:49 PM

No but I sure need it. My bf is planning for aweek disneyworld trip for winter when hes back from deployment, my friend will take the kids so we can enjoy it. I am super stoked and looking forward to.

woodstock525
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I did...but I spent much of the time thinking, "oh...my daughter would love this or my son would love that".  As they've gotten older, it's gotten easier, but I still think of them when I go places.

MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Nope. Theyre with me all the time. We go on vacation together. IF they did have a better relationship with their father and he was around regularly then I would go and do something on my own.

LauraMH
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes I have. This past thanksgiving was the first time the kids where going to be wou their dad for an extended period of time and I was a wreck. I had never been without for more than one night before our divorce and they were about to be gone for 11 days straight. So my sister and her fiancé convinced my to go to Florida with them (where our other sister lives) for the week.
I was nervous and missed my kids more than you can I know but I ended up having an amazing, relaxing time. It was nice being able to spend time with my sisters (neither of which have kids) and just be an adult. It's probably not something I would do again but it got me through a VERY difficult time.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Aside from work I haven't been away from him for more than 4 hours
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:44 PM

No.  Never.  In fact I now have vacations with my daughter since she has nothing to do with her father. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)