Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I'm tired of being alone....

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:17 PM
  • 37 Replies
1 mom liked this
I haven't been on a date in almost 2 years which sucks, but that's not really what bothers me. Other people have friends to lean on, and I don't. I have friends but only one really good friend, and she has a life outside of me lol. I just hate not having anyone to talk to or hang out with. Anyway sorry for my little tirade just needed to get that out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Karma1124
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:24 PM
2 moms liked this

I totally feel ya. I haven't had a date in over 3 years and I get really lonely too. I'm starting to see most of my friends getting married and having serious relationships, so I get what you're saying. I only have one close friend who's a single mom as well and she has issues of her own w/her ex husband. 

I tell myself that once I find the right guy, it'll have been worth the wait :) in the meantime I have my son to give me all the love I need :)

It comes with single parenting I suppose. So much to do and so little time for ourselves lol

MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:08 PM

I feel the same way as you. Ive dated occasionally but nothing that I would consider serious. I dont have many friends. Heck I can count them on one hand lol but sometimes I wish I had someone that understood what Im going through. And well my dd is a very good listener lol but now shes starting to talk and its all about Dora! haha

Which state are you from?

lilpsmommie2011
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:24 PM
NC... I can talk to my dd, but she is a sponge and is talking like crazy. Plus as much as I love her she doesn't hold conversation well lol.

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

I feel the same way as you. Ive dated occasionally but nothing that I would consider serious. I dont have many friends. Heck I can count them on one hand lol but sometimes I wish I had someone that understood what Im going through. And well my dd is a very good listener lol but now shes starting to talk and its all about Dora! haha

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:36 PM

lol.. well boo Im in TX. lol my kid is the same way. My older girls dont keep their mouths shut so I dont talk to them  and once this little once starts becoming a parrot our talks will soon end too :)

Quoting lilpsmommie2011:

NC... I can talk to my dd, but she is a sponge and is talking like crazy. Plus as much as I love her she doesn't hold conversation well lol.

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

lilpsmommie2011
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:53 AM
I don't have any friends that are single moms. A few of my friends pretty much do all the work, but they have a s/o to help financially and physically when needed.

Quoting Karma1124:

I totally feel ya. I haven't had a date in over 3 years and I get really lonely too. I'm starting to see most of my friends getting married and having serious relationships, so I get what you're saying. I only have one close friend who's a single mom as well and she has issues of her own w/her ex husband. 

I tell myself that once I find the right guy, it'll have been worth the wait :) in the meantime I have my son to give me all the love I need :)

It comes with single parenting I suppose. So much to do and so little time for ourselves lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilpsmommie2011
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:55 AM
I only have one and she is 18 months old. She will pick up pretty much anything you say. Plus it's not good to vent to your children about people they love lol.

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

lol.. well boo Im in TX. lol my kid is the same way. My older girls dont keep their mouths shut so I dont talk to them  and once this little once starts becoming a parrot our talks will soon end too :)

Quoting lilpsmommie2011:

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QJsmommy
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Same here. Then I got into a relationship and wished I was alone again. So much stress, I am now alone again lol. But not having friends does suck:/ I had just one as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:01 AM
I feel you my best friend got a boyfriend and moved 30 minutes away (instead of literally access the way we still text a lot but we only see each other every other week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
woodstock525
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Why not start putting yourself out there where you could meet other people?  Join a church and go to their adult/social events.  Find other activities where you might meet good people (other than a bar/nightclub).  Volunteer and get the kids involved in volunteering.  You'd be suprised how many friendships you can make just by putting yourself out there.

massconfusion14
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I totally feel you. Any chance you live in the Houston area?? lol. I haven't been on a date since I got pregnant and my daughter is 18 months old. I have her f/t which means mommy doesn't have date nights. I also have a "close" friend with a daughter my daughter's age, but she has a new friend and spends all of her time with her new friend. PM me if you want to talk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)