Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Need advice/help in tears

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:54 PM
  • 16 Replies
My ex called Wednesday and said there was an accident where they found my 5 year old completely undressed where her 7 year old cousin was teaching her games that was taught to her. he said it was addressed and everything was taken care of. my son the last 2 Weeks has been popping and peeing in his pants i asked him if anyone had touched his privates and when i asked who it was his cousin. he said she put her mouth on it. i called social services and they were closed so calling first thing in the morning. i do not want my kids over there at all. anyone go through anything situation? do i still have to make my kids go over there?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sid1083
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Where were your kids when this happened? At ex's house? Aunt/uncle's house? If at ex's house, maybe just ask him that until this situation is resolved to not have the cousin in question allowed over? If that's not possible, you'd need to go back to court so you're not in contempt. 

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:58 PM
If you have a court order, yes you do. Unfortunately you have no "proof" yet. Once there has been an investigation, you can file for custody change. Also at 7... they may think it's just kids being curious. I would be worried the 7 yr old is being molested by adult if trying to do oral sex.
Too many women lie and make up stories like this. You need to make sure you cover all bases before you do anything drastic. You could be found in contempt of court and lose custody yourself if you don't follow the right steps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:59 PM
I don't think so. at least not then shes there. CPS should go over the stuff concerning visitation. call your lawyer after cps. Someone has been letting this 7 yr old see things or is doing things to her. your child should not be subjected to going back. it could be traumatizing to him. and after the lawyer find a child psychologist and get him to some counseling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:59 PM

I have not gone through this but friends have. What did SS say? Pursue everything they offer. Get your child into counseling. You can also file for an emergency custody hearing to prevent your children from going to that house again. What does the court order say as far as visitation/custody?

newlife2013
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM
If you send your kids knowing there was something that put them in harms way, you will look like an irresponsible parent, call and report it first thing in the morning. What a shame your ex thinks this is an accident.
ghostcat90
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:08 AM

I would ask the ex to NOT have the kids in that environment, or to come to your house or the park or something.  Sounds to me like the 7 year old has been molested or is hyper sexual.  Definitely need to get the authorities involved and find out what is going on with the 7 year old.  Be aware though, this could stir a hornet's nest like never before...and if the 7 year old is hypersexual, it is quite possible nothing inappropriate has happened to her, she just views everything sexually.  I dealt with something like this with some neighbor kids, but they were a bit older than this.

SpurgeonMom
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:20 AM
she told her mom that her cousin had seen stuff the parents did and had shown her how to play certain games and she is teaching my 2 youngest.

Quoting ghostcat90:

I would ask the ex to NOT have the kids in that environment, or to come to your house or the park or something.  Sounds to me like the 7 year old has been molested or is hyper sexual.  Definitely need to get the authorities involved and find out what is going on with the 7 year old.  Be aware though, this could stir a hornet's nest like never before...and if the 7 year old is hypersexual, it is quite possible nothing inappropriate has happened to her, she just views everything sexually.  I dealt with something like this with some neighbor kids, but they were a bit older than this.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heretolisten
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Call the police on the aunt/uncle with the basis of suspected child molestation/sexual abuse. They take this stuff seriously.  If the child is making claims that the parents are "teaching these games" and apparently having sex in full view of the child, one would be alarmed to consider the possibility of involving the child in their sexual escapades.  I would NOT sit idly by on this one.  Let the police contact social services and remove the children for questioning.  This is very disturbing. 

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Questions:

Does your ex live in the same house as these cousins? Have you told your ex the latest?

If you haven't told your ex the latests, you need to do that immediately. This involves his children and he needs to know. I don't like how he refers to it as an 'accident', this is not an accident, but he still needs to know that this has gone a lot further than he thought and that it is about to go alot further. 

If your ex does not live with the cousins then your children are not in danger when they go to their father's house.

lnrmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:39 PM

This.  

Quoting krisnkids:

Questions:

Does your ex live in the same house as these cousins? Have you told your ex the latest?

If you haven't told your ex the latests, you need to do that immediately. This involves his children and he needs to know. I don't like how he refers to it as an 'accident', this is not an accident, but he still needs to know that this has gone a lot further than he thought and that it is about to go alot further. 

If your ex does not live with the cousins then your children are not in danger when they go to their father's house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)