Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

His Inappropriate Girlfriend

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:02 PM
  • 10 Replies

So, I found out that my daughter's dad, called up his sister, said "someone wants to talk to you" then handed the phone to his controlling girlfriend, who then proceeded to ask his sister if she thought it was inappropriate for me to bring my daughter to visit her auntie. His sister said no, she didn't think it was and then said she was busy to get off the phone. 

What kind of bitch thinks she can dictate to me, and his family what we do? 

If anyone is acting "inappropriate" it is her!

His family and I get on just friendly and always will for the sake of our kids knowing their blood cousins. 

If my ex wants to be with a woman like her, and controlled by her, that is his choice but this chick has no place calling up his family to tell them what to do!! I am revolted by her actions. 

Do you agree that she was inappropriate ?

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newlife2013
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:06 PM
New girlfriends seem to cross the line and want to be so involved and replace our place in the exs and children's lives or past. that was inappropriate, guess he doesn't have the backbone to ask? She should back off.
Delila12
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Yeah, she was definitely inappropriate. It's none of her business what you an your ex decide to do with your kids. Your ex needs to let her know that.
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

She was extremely inappropriate. Its the classic case of a man thinking with the wrong head.

justuspeanuts
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Of course it wasn't right but sounds like his family can handle themselves. That's major insecurity on her part. Hopefully he'll get fed up with it soon. GL!

woodstock525
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:28 PM

As the second wife, I had to deal with this from wife #1 in some ways.  She claimed that she was oh so close to all the in-laws and that I would never have as good a relationship with them as I did.  Of course she claimed this though she never bothered to visit them or call them after the divorce.  She didn't even bother to show up or send flowers when her former father-in-law passed away.  What a douchebag! 

Meanwhile, I spent holidays with my sisters-in-law and father-in-law and talked with them all weekly, etc... and they mentioned to me that they felt closer to me than they ever did to wife #1.  I didn't feel threatened by the ex, but after the way she had cheated on their brother/son and kept him from seeing his daughter, I thought it was inappropriate and disrespectful of them to continue sending the ex birthday and wedding anniversary (for her hubby #2 the guy she cheated on their brother with) and other holiday cards and calling the ex.  It did bother their brother, and when he finally told them so, they stopped the contact. 

For my ex's family now, I will send a sympathy card if someone passes away, but aside from that, unless they are the ones to reach out to me (and they haven't), I don't think it's appropriate for me to visit and insert myself into their lives or horn in on my ex's relatives.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Yes she was. But don't pay her any mind. See whatever family you like.
Barblicious
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Actually that is exactly what we did, I ignored it all, his sister ignored it too, and we are not allowing these dysfunctional people to cause drama where none exists for us.

Quoting faerie75:

Yes she was. But don't pay her any mind. See whatever family you like.

Barblicious
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Your situation is completely opposite of mine. My ex sees his daughter weekly, more than what our agreement states even, I have no axe to grind. I am not bitter about the girlfriend. 

His parents have been back in Canada since April, they winter in Mexico, however he has yet to take our daughter to visit. I don't claim to be best buddies with his family, but keep in touch in a polite, friendly manner, for the sake of my daughter. Much much more with his sister. His sister and I get along, we can chat, I like her as a person, and we both want our children to know each other. I think it is healthy thing. Again, No ulterior motives on my part, I will most likely get remarried, and I am happy. I just want everyone to be adult and civil. 

My daughter is only 3. Be a very different story were she much older. 

Quoting woodstock525:

As the second wife, I had to deal with this from wife #1 in some ways.  She claimed that she was oh so close to all the in-laws and that I would never have as good a relationship with them as I did.  Of course she claimed this though she never bothered to visit them or call them after the divorce.  She didn't even bother to show up or send flowers when her former father-in-law passed away.  What a douchebag! 

Meanwhile, I spent holidays with my sisters-in-law and father-in-law and talked with them all weekly, etc... and they mentioned to me that they felt closer to me than they ever did to wife #1.  I didn't feel threatened by the ex, but after the way she had cheated on their brother/son and kept him from seeing his daughter, I thought it was inappropriate and disrespectful of them to continue sending the ex birthday and wedding anniversary (for her hubby #2 the guy she cheated on their brother with) and other holiday cards and calling the ex.  It did bother their brother, and when he finally told them so, they stopped the contact. 

For my ex's family now, I will send a sympathy card if someone passes away, but aside from that, unless they are the ones to reach out to me (and they haven't), I don't think it's appropriate for me to visit and insert myself into their lives or horn in on my ex's relatives.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Ex's girlfriends feel very threatened by the ex-wife and sometimes even by the ex's family.  The gf was totally out of line.  If anything your ex-IL's will eventually put her in her place if the ex doesn't.  If this continues you have every right to let the gf know she's a twit. 

Good thing my ex's tramp has no contact with me, my ex-IL's or my daughter.  I would certainly put her in her place if she did.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Yes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN