Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Maternity Leave Is Over. Will My Baby Remember Me?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:06 PM
  • 8 Replies
Hi. I'm a single mom of 4. My ex left our family on Christmas Eve for another woman. We havent seen him since nor has he made any attempt to financially support his children. Its been a hard struggle. To make matters worse, my son is only 8 weeks old and on Monday, I will have to go to work. My maternity leave has been cut short because I have to keep the bills paid and a roof over our heads. I have never gone back to work with my baby being so young. I am completely devestated and feel so guilty. My son has just started to smile at me and coo. And now I have to "go away" for the entire day. Will he still know me as his mommy?
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Of course, unless you don't ever spend time with him ever again. Your postpartum hormones are getting the best of you.
caramel85
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Don't worry. All children know who their mommies are. I had to put my little one in daycare at 6 weeks. Had to go back to work after New Year's Day(baby was born in Oct).I'm the main provider so I had no choice.

Sister_Someone
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Yes, he will remember you. 

I started working when my son was four weeks old and from then until he turned five years old, I was with him only for a short while in the morning and after 7-8 pm, because I studied full-time and worked full-time. I never had a problem with him not recognizing me.

shelley11709
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:34 PM
That baby knows you from the inside out. Of course he will remember you. Good luck mama.
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Awh mama this post made me feel like crying :( I have a 11 week old and I must return to work next week, and I am NOT looking forward to it. I want to stay home but I can't afford to (I am with the father) (hugs) to you. The baby will remember you but you will miss him.
Kelsey89
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:36 AM

Yes, he will. Don't stress. It's always hard going back to "regular" life. You want to spend as much time with your baby as possible. Totally normal. 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Yes he will.  Hugs!!!

supercarp
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Yes, he will know you. 4 is a lot of kids, but you need to spend individual time with all of them. The older ones will grow up early. Don't feel guilty; your ex's leaving was about him, not about you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN