Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

will i always be this lonely???

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:43 PM
  • 10 Replies
I have a 3 year old, 22 month old and i'm 6 months pregnant. It's just me and them since their dad decided it was too much being a full-time dad and left. I am not dating, but i do worry that i will always be alone. I'm not a terrible person and worry that being a mom to 3 children will deter someone from dating me in the future.
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xsweethinx
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:47 PM
It just depends on the man. U can't really blame a man 3 kids is a lot of responsibility. But the right man wont care. I'm a mother of 4 and the man I was lucky enough to find doesn't bio father any of them but he treats them n loves them like his. He does more then my bds did even when we were together. So no u wont always be lonely.
woodstock525
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:38 PM
3 moms liked this

You won't always be lonely, but you also want to be careful in picking the next man and not just latch on to the next guy to give you any kind of attention.  There are awesome men out there who are willing to take on another family.  Your time will come...but maybe not as quickly and neatly as you would like it to.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Hugs!!

mom2priceboys
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:13 PM

do you think kids dad will come back?  Are you willing to have him back once he sees the error of his ways?

Robsessed98
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Of course you won't always feel this way. Going through a split is always sad and there's a period of loneliness, and the pregnancy only compounds it. Before you even consider finding a new dude, you need to focus on your pregnancy and kids and building your new life as a single mom. When you are ready to date, you will just know. There's plenty of good men out there, so set your standards high, let them know about your kids right off, but don't introduce them until you feel like you've found a keeper. Also, any man that's deterred by your kids isn't worth your time anyway.
star33
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:31 PM

i wonder the same thing.i have 2 kids & have been alone for over 3 yrs.i've dated a lil,but nothing lasting.my ex sil has 4 kids & a bf.go figure!

lazyd
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:48 PM

You are not lonely and alone, you will have 3 kids to take care of.  Im sorry, but why do us women need men?  All they do it up and leave anyway and not take care of their kids.  I prefer to be "alone" and "lonely" with my kids!  They love me more than any man ever has!

newlife2013
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Sometimes its wonderful being on our own, especially when I hear other couples argue, but it is lonely, once the kids get a little older you have to find yourself again and it would be nice if there was someone to spend the rest of your life with.
goodmama85
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:32 AM
I agree :)

Quoting woodstock525:

You won't always be lonely, but you also want to be careful in picking the next man and not just latch on to the next guy to give you any kind of attention.  There are awesome men out there who are willing to take on another family.  Your time will come...but maybe not as quickly and neatly as you would like it to.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:36 AM

When a man falls for a woman it doesn't matter if she has kids or not.  He only sees the love that he has for a woman who happens to be a mother. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)