Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling down about myself - vent

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:30 AM
  • 8 Replies

I am in the middle of getting a divorce and I have been out of a job since last year. I just got my insurance licence for Property and casulty and I have to wait three months (40 home and auto and 4 life policies) before I get any benefits or even a steady paycheck. The X who has been out of a job since March got a job and started a new job with benefits and everything right away. 

I feel like crap because I have been in the crapper for so long and now that I have something to show the court to get my kids with me so they aren't ping ponged around and finally have a stable place to stay. And he can just wave his full time employment and look like a freaking hero. What am I to do???

shruggingfrustrated

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:24 AM
Your kids aren't with you? Why not?
krisnkids
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:16 AM
2 moms liked this

Keep your chin up. You are already 10 steps up the 12 step flight of stairs, dig deep and keep going.

When I was laid off in April 2011 I was in tears, I had no idea what I was going to do. My ex was paying cs so I had some income but it was not enough to do anything but live on. I went back to school and received financial aid to help with living expenses, when I finished my degree I still qualified for unemployment so I filed for that. Finally, after 16 months of being unemployed I was offerred my current job. I was at the bottom of the barrel, no funds left and my ex had stopped paying child support because he had retired and didn't have the income to pay support anymore. I have been at this job for almost 11 months and I love it. Looking back, getting laid off from that job was the best thing that could have happened to me. My new job has much better benefits, better pay and much better people to work with. Not to mention there is growth potential where the other job was a dead end.

Hang in there, you can do it!

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Ditto to what Kris said.  Just remember to keep your mind focus on what you need to do.  Gain help by asking it from others.   

Quoting krisnkids:

Keep your chin up. You are already 10 steps up the 12 step flight of stairs, dig deep and keep going.

When I was laid off in April 2011 I was in tears, I had no idea what I was going to do. My ex was paying cs so I had some income but it was not enough to do anything but live on. I went back to school and received financial aid to help with living expenses, when I finished my degree I still qualified for unemployment so I filed for that. Finally, after 16 months of being unemployed I was offerred my current job. I was at the bottom of the barrel, no funds left and my ex had stopped paying child support because he had retired and didn't have the income to pay support anymore. I have been at this job for almost 11 months and I love it. Looking back, getting laid off from that job was the best thing that could have happened to me. My new job has much better benefits, better pay and much better people to work with. Not to mention there is growth potential where the other job was a dead end.

Hang in there, you can do it!

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Hugs!!!

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Hang in there, things really are looking up even if you're not seeing it just yet.

Robsessed98
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Are you kids living with their dad or who? Custody isn't based on income, it's based on where the judge thinks is best for the kids. I don't presume to know why you don't have physical custody, but be prepared to prove that. you're a good mom and it's in the best interest of them to live with you. Don't hold back or cut dad any slack in court. Gather every bit of dirt you can get on dad. Stay strong and fight with all your might. Good luck.
B3llasMom
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:31 AM

We have 50/50 everything 2 days with me, 2 days with him 3 days with me then 2 days with him, 2 days with me and 3 days with him. That is every week. I am trying to get them 5 days a week and him weekends like the mediator stated however the judge just ordred the 2-2-3 and my laywer didn't argue about it. I think because he is in this new job I can get them during the week. I just have to kick the lawyer in the butt...

Thank you ladies for the comments. I just feel that I have been kicked in the gutter and ran over a few times that when I finally feel like I am crawling out sometimes I get kicked back in again.

sadgroup hug

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:50 AM

hugs mama and welcome

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)