Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

child care

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:35 AM
  • 10 Replies
So my daughter is officially one im ready now to goto work but im scarde to leave her. I am not ready but i need the money. No one else is helping me. How many moms experience this? ? Shes my first daughter.
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:35 AM
I just had a baby and have to go back to work to pay my bills. Not happy about it. He is 12 weeks. I can't afford to stay home. I make too much for most help but not enough to get by. So If you can get daycare assistance fast, I am jealous as hell. I qualify but the wait list is very long if you have a job.
sid1083
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:31 AM
Kudos to making it a year. I couldn't survive that long without working the way I dug myself in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:26 AM

It's hard to tear away from your child while you are at work.  I had to do this when my daughter was only 6 weeks old.  I had no choice but to return to work full-time.  Just remember that financially taking care of your baby is your first priority next to making sure she is healthy. 

woodstock525
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I went back to work and school when my son was 12 weeks old and back to work when my daughter was 9 weeks old.  I had no choice...if I didn't work, we wouldn't have had any income.  What made it easier for me was that someone told me that kids don't really remember much about those very early years (which I've discovered is true).  And, I planned out my days so that when I came home I had time to spend one-on-one with my kids.  I also didn't let them get by with stuff just because I felt bad about being away from them.  They got regular meals and had a regular bedtime (between 7 and 8 pm depending on their age).  The regular bedtime gave me adult time to unwind, do homework while I was in school, and rejuvinate.  I found as a working single parent, it's just as important to have me time as it is to have kid time.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Hugs!

lovemybabes3
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:58 AM

i have never put my kids in daycare and i am really nervous about doing so...lucky with my job i only work 2 days a week so my parents take turns watching them but come school time, my 2 younger ones will be in school half day and daycare half day...it def will save on costs for me but i still worry bc this is new...you have to do what you have to do to support your baby and it might be hard but as time goes on im sure it will get better

MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Quoting faerie75:

I just had a baby and have to go back to work to pay my bills. Not happy about it. He is 12 weeks. I can't afford to stay home. I make too much for most help but not enough to get by. So If you can get daycare assistance fast, I am jealous as hell. I qualify but the wait list is very long if you have a job.

I was wondering if you had that baby boy yet!! COngrats. How is he/you doing?

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Doing great! Just don't want to go to work :(

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

Quoting faerie75:

I was wondering if you had that baby boy yet!! COngrats. How is he/you doing?

sunshine389142
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:04 PM

It was really hard for me at first.  My dd was 3 when she first started daycare.  I looked around at licensed childcare options and picked the one that I got the best feeling from and cost concern....I like structure so I didn't want just an in-home daycare.  Check out your area.  It will be hard, but obviously someone has to support your child.  It stinks and I wish I could be home with my dd more, but we have to do what we have to do.

It will be okay.  Just trust your instincts on the facility and get recommendations from friends/acquaintences as well.

CrystalYaris
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Good for you for making it that long. I started working when my son was 4 months old. It was very hard because I was used to being there every single day and enjoying him. It was easier on me because my mom was able to watch it for a couple months. Then, she got her hands tied and I had to put him in daycare. I cried so bad that morning on my way to work! He handled it better than I did.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN