Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you really surprised?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:44 AM
  • 14 Replies
I am just wondering.

I was a single mom for many many MANY years. Got pregnant at 18 the first time I slept w my ex husband. We'd been seeing each other a month.

Are we really shocked when they want a DNA under these circumstances? Or when it is a one nighter or fwb situation?

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steviechick
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I was in a situtaion with my ex when he was with his tramp at the same time.  I had no idea he was cheating on me and we did sleep together many times while he was chasing after his tramp.  To think I could have gotten pregant by that peace of scum makes my skin crawl.  I'm sure he would be a total jackass and request a DNA test. 

I don't get how 'men' can cheat with two women (maybe even more), are married at that and then have the balls to question their wives about paternity?   Each one of these dawgs needs to be castrated.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Nope I wouldn't be

mizz_mindylou
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:01 PM

nope! i had been seeing my 3yr olds dad for 6months but still legally married to my hubby and having contact with him so when i found out i was pregnant he wanted a dna test i wasnt mad about it at all who the heck wouldnt ask for one in that situation!

Heidi615
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:03 PM

not at all

MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Nope. But I totally expected LOs dad to ask for one but he didnt. Surprised the shit out of me lol

krisnkids
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Not at all, if a friend were in the situation I'd be suggesting he demand one as well.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:01 PM
No not the point. I'm talking about when you get pregnant in a not serious situation, then are butt hurt when they want a DNA. You were married.

Quoting steviechick:

I was in a situtaion with my ex when he was with his tramp at the same time.  I had no idea he was cheating on me and we did sleep together many times while he was chasing after his tramp.  To think I could have gotten pregant by that peace of scum makes my skin crawl.  I'm sure he would be a total jackass and request a DNA test. 

I don't get how 'men' can cheat with two women (maybe even more), are married at that and then have the balls to question their wives about paternity?   Each one of these dawgs needs to be castrated.

Robsessed98
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:54 PM
I can understand it if you're not in a committed relationship or if you are committed and have cheated. Under those circumstances, I don't think a woman should be surprised or get upset about it when they ask for it.
Barblicious
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I think as women, we KNOW who we slept with, and who left their little swimmers in us. Usually we have no doubt who the baby's daddy is. (Unless of course, there were multiple partners at the time, which happens to some women I am sure.)

However I think for a man, there is always that doubt. That fear that it was not his seed, not his child. Even in married relationships I am sure there might even be doubt for a man. It is a male thing.

Sure it can feel insulting to us women when we know 100% - but I have come to accept it is a male "issue". If they want to pay for the test - let em. Heck I would be all for DNA testing being mandatory. No more men with questions or accusations or fears. 

sid1083
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Common sense dictates there should be no surprise. Too bad "common sense" isn't all that common.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)