Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Almost 41 weeks prego and starting to lose my mind :(

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:08 AM
  • 18 Replies

My due date was last sat.  I know rationally she is only 5 days late and the dr said we are both completely fine.

It's just so hard to to be alone day and night :(

My friends keep texting me "baby??? is she here??"  and I asked them all to hang out but not many have stepped up to help me kill time.  It seems like some of them are about the baby and not really helping me.

I wonder if some of you single mama's went thu this??  This is my 1st baby and I've been told that my friends will change once she is born.

also, any tips on what I could do keep busy while I wait for my little angel to make her grand appearance??

Thanks, Andrea

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jennyanne322
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:37 AM
How old are you? I was almost21 and lost all all my friends after DS was born. None of them had children and they couldn't understand that I couldn't drop everything to go out anymore. I had the same baby? texts. They are just super excited for the baby coming and don't want to be left out.
I did scrap booking and created a bunch of pages that all I had to do was add the photos to.
steviechick
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:13 AM

hugs

woodstock525
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I did a heck of alot of walking and cleaning and stuff...hoping to edge things along. 

AndreaQ
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I am 38 but still have a lot of single childless friends.  Maybe they are more excited for my baby because there is a chance they won't have any at all...  they already stopped calling me to go out months ago because they were drinking or going to bars and obviously I couldn't join.

Guess I gotta find mommy friends..

Thanks for the tips, I guess I will clean and reorganize stuff.... again!

RJC78
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:43 AM

My daughter was 11 days overdue and it was horrible.  I wasn't lonely though....my cousin passed away two days after my due date.  I had plenty of people around me but I was broken hearted, since we had been raised like siblings.  Be thankful for what you have, mama.  It could be worse!  Good luck on your labor and delivery!

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Hugs!!!!

AndreaQ
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Quoting RJC78:

My daughter was 11 days overdue and it was horrible.  I wasn't lonely though....my cousin passed away two days after my due date.  I had plenty of people around me but I was broken hearted, since we had been raised like siblings.  Be thankful for what you have, mama.  It could be worse!  Good luck on your labor and delivery!

OMG I am so sorry to hear, and thank you for reminding me to be grateful.  I wonder why she was overdue?  any advice for me  - induce or wait??

RJC78
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I chose to wait.  I could have been induced a week earlier but I wanted to be sure I could be at my cousin's service and be with my family.  I'm glad I waited and gave her more time to come on her own.  The down side though, is that she was huge! LOL  And she was born July 15, I was induced the day before and we set a record temp at 118.  Idk why she was late.  Your due date could be off or something.  Hard telling!  I say that as long as she is healthy to leave her be!  Pitocin sucks! lol

Quoting AndreaQ:

Quoting RJC78:

OMG I am so sorry to hear, and thank you for reminding me to be grateful.  I wonder why she was overdue?  any advice for me  - induce or wait??

JocelynMoods
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:04 AM

See if your friends would be willing to go walking with you or any other safe activity to try to get that precious little thing out of you. My closest friend went walking with me (like 3 miles) and I was 4 days over due. I went into labor the next day. Congratulations and good luck! It won't be much longer either way. I think you aren't suppose to go more than like week past your due date before they induce you.

JocelynMoods
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Petocin definitely sucks. I had to have an epidural. It can bring on MASSIVE contractions. I don't want to scare you, just prepare you.

Quoting RJC78:

I chose to wait.  I could have been induced a week earlier but I wanted to be sure I could be at my cousin's service and be with my family.  I'm glad I waited and gave her more time to come on her own.  The down side though, is that she was huge! LOL  And she was born July 15, I was induced the day before and we set a record temp at 118.  Idk why she was late.  Your due date could be off or something.  Hard telling!  I say that as long as she is healthy to leave her be!  Pitocin sucks! lol

Quoting AndreaQ:

Quoting RJC78:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN