Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

OH MY GOSH

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:17 PM
  • 9 Replies

Yesterday was hard. My daughter fell and had a laceration on her head (no stitches), I felt like DIRT! I was about to put her in bed for her nap and when I went to get her milk she fell out of her little rocking chair.  Events spiraled after that. The EMT looked  @ me and was critical, like I didn't feel bad enough. The registration attendant was RUDE,  as if I was the slackest mom ever. I had all my paper work, she and I were both clean, well dressed ( I got ready quickly),  we live in a nice neighborhood , I work from home , and  I could not see why I was treated like filth.  Yes I am in the process of a divorce, but I am not trash.   Its hard enough being a single Mom  ,living in a new city (that I LOVE) without any family close by ( My mom is an hour away but I hate to depend on her or ask for help, her husband makes me nervous, so I don't want to cause friction between them).  Its hard, I also suffer from chronic fatigue and deep tissue pain and depression. Despite all that I get up and work everyday, care very well for my daughter, and get very little help from her father (he does pay for her insurance).   I am  drowning!  I am thankful for what I have but some days its much more difficult than I thought it would be!

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
steviechick
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi and welcome to the group.  Kids get hurt all by themselves.  I'm sure the EMT workers were just a wee bit over zealous about what they think actually took place.  You have your home together and you are taking care of your child properly.  It's easy to not think otherwise, but rest assure you are doing what you can as a single mom.  Just remember that you have a job and steady income.  Your day will get better. 

Barblicious
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Never mind anyone who judges you without actually knowing you.

My daughter falls and gets bruises and scapes. My daughter was with her grandpa, and ran and tripped and got a giant road rash scrape across her entire forehead. You can't stop every little trip and fall that they have. They are kids. Yes we feel guilty - we are parents, if we didn't we wouldn't be good ones.

HUGS

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

At one point the ER staff where we lived in California knew me by sight. Why? My kids are very active, concussions, croup (that two never grew out of), there's 4 of them, I had been in there w/ friends' kids, etc. Some looked at me like I was nuts, one thought I was really weird because my son had a head injury from falling at school, I was sitting there 8 months pregnant with my youngest and she could not figure out why I was so relaxed. I told her, after as many times as this child has hit his head and given himself a concussion; he's got to be gushing blood for me to worry.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

(((hug)))  I'm so sorry that you felt you were treated badly and that you're feeling overwhelmed.  Hang in there.

How is your little girl doing today?

mcas18
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:43 PM

She is better, running around,  I am more upset than she is.  Thanks so much!  its jus so overwhelming sometimes!

mhaney03
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I got treated like crap when my oldest found one of her grandma's pills on the floor and ate it.  It wasn't my house, yet I was treated like it was my fault.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this
~ Hugs~
I am sorry you went through that. I have four boys, been to the ER more times than I can count.
vbway
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like it was a rough day, I hope it gets better. I wanted to comment because you mentioned fatigue and pain. I had fibromyalgia for years and suffered a great deal. I finally had a doctor who told me about earthing (there have been some recent studies about its benefits). It is basically putting your bare feet on the ground for an 30-60 minutes a day. I started feeling better within a few days. All of my pain and fatigue are gone now. Just google "earthing" or go to earthing.com, they have some great info (of course they sell products, but you don't need anything to get started, just a few minutes a day and your bare feet). 

I hope you feel better soon. 

mybabiesmama916
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I was made to feel dumb by an EMT befoe also my lil girl was a few weeks ond and stopped breathing my grandma and I both tried to get her to breath while on the phone with 911 and just before they showed up she started breathing again and tried to tell me and my grandma that she didn't stop breathing and we over reacted. Uh her lips were even blue I'm sure I am not an idiot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)