Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

hold me back!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:48 PM
  • 7 Replies

I don't remember if I posted about this before here but my ex MIL is a damn ....... You know what, I don't even have the word for it but from now on I will just call her Harpie (got this from a friend in another group)

Anyway, short background, she only uses my kids when it makes her look good.  She doesn't care about them.  For Christmas, she refused to get them anything and said the reason being was that she didn't see them enough to buy them anything.

Alright, HARPIE, you never ask ME, THEIR MOTHER to see them.  You only ask your son, who thinks you are a Harpie too, of course he's going to say NO.  If it really means that much to you to see them,you'd go straight to the source, ME.  It is NOT my job to beg you to see them like you think it is.

Anyway, once that happened (and a 10-year long list of other things) I said to my ex, from my point of view she has disowned them so she can go to hell.

I recently found out that a few months ago, she wrote a note on the fridge to my ex (I think it was right before he moved out of her place) that since she never sees them, then she doesn't HAVE grandkids!

I am of two minds about this -- on one hand, GREAT!  They don't need the bitch anyway.  On the other hand, HOW FUCKING DARE YOU TREAT MY KIDS LIKE THAT.

It was HER meddling and her bullshit triffling that helped end my marriage (by no means am I blaming ALL of my divorce on her, but she was part of it) and now she wants to bitch that she doesn't see them.  FUCK HER AND THE HORSE SHE RODE IN ON.

/rant

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I'm sorry her loss

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Definitely your ex MIL's loss!

Robsessed98
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Oh well, one less person you have to think about. It's her loss. Maybe she'll realize that before it's too late, but that's all on her. You don't owe her shit.
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:14 PM
~ Hugs ~
Her loss.
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Why Harpie? What does it mean? Is it an acronym for something?
mhaney03
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:24 PM

In Greek and Roman mythology, a bird of prey with a woman's face. Often depicted on tombs, Harpies may originally have been conceived of as ghosts. In early Greek literature, including the writings of Homer and Hesiod, they were wind spirits and were not represented as ugly or repellent. In the legend of Jason and the Argonauts, however, the Harpies were hideous, foul-smelling birds with the faces of women, sent to punish King Phineus of Thrace by defiling his food; they were frightened away by the sons of Boreas.

harpy
foul-smelling creature; half-vulture, half-woman.

a ravenous, filthy monster having a woman's head and a bird's body.
( lowercase ) a scolding, nagging, bad-tempered woman; shrew.
( lowercase ) a greedy, predatory person.

Unfortunately, urban dictionary didn't have a cool entry for it haha.

Quoting diaperstodating:

Why Harpie? What does it mean? Is it an acronym for something?

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Hugs!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)