Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Family

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:06 AM
  • 10 Replies

I love my son more than anything, and I'm a blessed momma. And I'm so thankful that I have him.

But I can't get over the fact that his father's not in his life. I think about it every single day,
there's not a day that goes by I don't think of him.

I work at a store, and see these happy families come in, with their children, and baby's.
They look so happy.

I want that, I want my child to have a father.

:/

wish i could just stop thinking about him and the fact he's not here for us.

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:00 AM
You and your son are a family. The amount of people doesn't constitute what creates a family, it's the love between them. Also, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. People can look happy but you have no idea what life is like for them except for what you see while at work with them.
Don't downplay the importance of YOUR family just because it doesn't meet a cookie cutter image.
dawncs
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this

You will one day find the right man to become his Daddy. Your ex will have to face the truth one day that he has a son either by a girlfriend or wife reading his paycheck. He could also face the fact that if you two live in the same town that one of his children in a matter of years recognizes that another child looks like them. Unfortunatey, not all men give an indication of what they would be like if they got their girlfriends pregnant and how they would treat the baby. They forget what they learned in sex ed in school when it comes to creating babies at times.

Dawn

Group owner of Different Learners Support Group (http://www.cafemom.com/group/118648)

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:46 AM

It is understandable to want your child to have a father I think we all want that.  Fill his life with positive males the one that is technically his father is only by blood it's not the male role model you want for him. 

tinyone2006
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I know how hard it can specially during the really big family holidays. My daughters father has nothing to do with her. Hasn't tried to see her the last time he saw she was two months old my daughter is now four going on five. It has taken me a very long time to figure out that even just being the two of us we are our own little family. A mom and dad plus some kids dont equal a family, its the love for one another that do. 

EachNewBreath
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:51 PM

This is exactly the same for us! 

Except I dont think about his seed planter, just that I want a father for him and a compainion for me

I am resentful (on the inside) sometimes of everything I have lost even when I think of what I have gained (my son) who I love so much. Our lives are soo hard though. 

EachNewBreath
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 2:26 AM

BUMP!

heretolisten
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:27 AM

I know exactly how you feel.  I wanted it too and I know that the likelihood of finding that "daddy" in my son's life will not happen anytime soon.  He will likely spend the first 10 years of his life (the most important IMO) without a father in the home to show him how things are supposed to be.  :(  

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Hugs!!
Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Is Dad not involved by total choice? I'm divorced from my kids father but I've explained to them we will always be a family. Daddy will always be part of our family.

In sorry you have to go through this alone. If you truly have done all you can you get involvemt from Dad then you have done a heck of a job. It is not your fault the father has chosen to not be part of your family.
Robsessed98
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:17 PM
You and your son are a family. You have to let the bf go or you'll never move forward with your life. Move on and when you're ready, start dating, although you don't have to have a man to be happy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)