Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

2 against 1? this is so not fair

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:37 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

my exhusband and his girlfriend called me lastnight. they ganged up on me and told me how horrible of a mother i am to my kids and accused me of not feeding them because they eat so much at their house. um my son is 6 and my daughter is almost 4. then they told me that i was mentally abusive to my kids... what is mentally abusive to you all. i dont see how this is fair. 

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

No way would I have talked to them, especially his wife. She needs to stay out of it.

wonderouslife84
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

i guess my son has told his sister that they dont have to listen to krystal the step mom because grandma and mommy dont like her.. i put a stop to that. i told my son that it doesnt matter if i dont like her or any one else for that matter its her and daddies house and they do need to listen to her and him. she moouthed off to me that she never talks bad about me around the kids and my son in the backround on the phone yells. "yes you do. you said shes a horrible mom." i laughed

sunshine389142
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I think I would be more upset they were having this conversation with you in front of the kids I think...

Good luck.  it does not sound like fun at all...

wonderouslife84
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:07 PM

yeah and this was at 10:45 pm lastnight. waht is my son doing up that late...

justahousewife
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Sorry that sucks. I'd tell them if they want to talk civil fine but as soon as it becomes anything else I'm hanging up. Don't be their doormat. Have respect for yourself and demand that from others.
Robsessed98
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I would've hung up on them. His gf has no say in it anyway. To me mental abuse would be telling them they aren't good enough, calling them names like stupid, dumb, fatty, etc. Talking against the father is also mentally and emotionally abusive imo.
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:20 PM

You do not have to sit there and listen to that crap. HANG UP THE PHONE. My ex used to try to yell at me on the phone after we got divorced. Every time he started yelling I would hang up. He finally go the picture that if he yelled he would hear a dial tone.

wonderouslife84
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

and i havent said anything bad about either one of them.im not about to out that into my kids heads. they will figure out everthing for themselves. im trying to provide the best i can for my kids right now with what little i have

Quoting Robsessed98:

I would've hung up on them. His gf has no say in it anyway. To me mental abuse would be telling them they aren't good enough, calling them names like stupid, dumb, fatty, etc. Talking against the father is also mentally and emotionally abusive imo.

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:04 PM
You may want to have your papers amended to include no parental interference by anyone other than the parents. My best friend had to do that because her ex husband's wife is crazy and a bitch.
dawncs
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

You have to realize that your ex will feed a bunch of lines to his wife trust me on that one. She will believe him more than she will believe you on it. In some cases, kids will pit one divorced parent against the other, and it could be the case at times. In addition, kids can be really hungry during growth spurts, and it can seem at times like an eternity since the last meal for them when they are hungry. It could also be that they were miserable and trying to take it out on you. I recommend just ignoring them and keep the house well stocked with food in case they try to cause trouble with CPS. You can never tell with troublemakers on what they will do in life.

Dawn

Group owner of Different Learners Support Group (http://www.cafemom.com/group/118648)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN