Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

My parents are turning on me

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:51 PM
  • 8 Replies

I fell into a deep depression yesterday so I reached out for help. I was so out of my mind that I cried all the way to work while talking on the phone to to my daughters case worker. She said that by the way things sound it maybe best to have dcf involved to place the kids in a foster home for a couple of months until I get my act together. I was so out of my mind that I agreed. I asked her if I could still see them when I wanted to and she said yes. To make a long story short after the dcf investigator arrived she told me that the kids will not be taken away because they see that they only thing that I need is some counseling to help me get through the things that I am going through so that I can better care for myself and my children. The kids are at my parents house right now. They have been there for a few days. I picked them up to go out to lunch this afternoon and while eating they told me that my parents called them in the room after I left that day and said to them that I wanted to have them taken away and not have anything to do with them anymore. And that I felt that my life would go back to normal without them. They told my daughters that they would have to live far away and not be able to see the family if they were to be taken away. I was so hurt by all of this. I couldn't believe my parents would do such a thing. They could have at least told them that their mom was going through something at the time and when she feels better she will come around. I am really starting to believe that my parents are not on my side. I really dont feel like I have anyone at all. Me and my daughters were in tears over lunch and I was so happy to be able to explain to them what i was going through and that it had absolutely nothing to do with them and that mommy would never give up on them. Now what do I do? I dont even know if I want anything to do with my parents anymore.

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mariah-1987
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Have you started seeing a counseler or trying to find one? In all honesty if you don't have anyone else to watch your kids while you go thru this then you really need to have a talk with your parents. They stepped way over the line saying that to a child. I honestly couldn't leave them there myself but then again I don't know what it is you are going thru.
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:13 PM
I work for Child Welfare in my state and I would not ever remove your children in your situation either, instead I would put as many services in place to provide the additional supports that you clearly need right now to help your family become stronger. Having your parents tell your children what they did is not beneficial to the kids or to you right now. I'm so sorry that had happened. Do everything you can to get yourself and your kids into family and individual therapy among any other support services DCF can provide your family.
EachNewBreath
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:57 PM

BUMP!

EachNewBreath
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:58 PM

thats horriable!

burgqueen
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Wow. I don't know your story but I do wish you the best of luck.

I'm all for talks with children and letting them know what's going on but I don't understand the purpore of trying to hurt your relationship with your children. I'm sorry but just a word to the wise: I would give your caseworker a heads up in case they are prepping a custody battle are anything like that.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:23 AM

hugs i'm sorry mama you need to talk to them what they said wasnt right

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Hugs!!
Robsessed98
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Sorry you're going through so much right now. Idk the backstory, but counseling is obviously a must do. To be fair, did you confront your parents about what was said? Kids are great at misconstruing and misunderstanding what adults say. Give your parents a chance to tell their side. It would be best for them to keep the kids and leave foster care as a last resort. While foster care is best for some, it doesn't always turn out like the caseworker explains and there are people who temporarily turn the kids over and go through hell getting them back. I've known a couple that tried it. Work on getting you better so you can be back with your kids soon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN