Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I called it

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:29 PM
  • 9 Replies
7 years ago I was hanging out with my friend, her ex and my now soon to be ex husband. My friends ex pulled me aside and told me that xh was all wrong for me. I had a hunch that he liked me after that. Well he found out I'm single now and wants to hang out with me! We are going out for drinks on Friday. My friend that he dated is fine with it as she's married and perfectly happy. He lives 2 hours away so I'm sure not much will come of it but it feels kinda good being asked out again!
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:37 PM
I'd have a problem knowing he told you that way back then when he was dating your friend. Doesn't sound like he's truly on the up and up. It would make me wonder how he would behave while dating me plus living several hours away.
Bero2007
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Him and my friend were already broken up at this point. They remained friends which is why we were all hanging out. I figure ill have a fun night out and that'll probably be it.

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

I'd have a problem knowing he told you that way back then when he was dating your friend. Doesn't sound like he's truly on the up and up. It would make me wonder how he would behave while dating me plus living several hours away.
Robsessed98
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this
If you're close with the friend, I think it's a bad move. She may be married and think she's ok with it, but there's still a good chance she won't be ok afterwards. I don't think it's ever cool to date friend's exes.
Bero2007
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:18 PM

my friend is one of those that will tell you straight up her real feelings on things. She seems excited that I'm gonna hang out with him lol.  In our group my other bff has actually dated one of my exes and there was never an issue. We are just all really open with each other.

Quoting Robsessed98:

If you're close with the friend, I think it's a bad move. She may be married and think she's ok with it, but there's still a good chance she won't be ok afterwards. I don't think it's ever cool to date friend's exes.

otoole
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:05 PM

go for it and enjoy yourself

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Well, since you are all open about dating then I say go for it.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Good luck!

SAMI_JO
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Just beware.

mmpdrs07
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I know this sounds crazy as hell but, my best friend married my ex husband and they have been married 6 years now and have 3 kids.  I still talk to her on a daily basis (this was before kids) and our marriage ended peacefully not a huge fight blow up type of thing.  So if your friend says it's ok then go and have fun.  I just went on my first "date" this weekend since my split in April and the guy is still talking to me and from the looks of it I "might" have made a good choice.  He still seems to want to hang around and is actually coming and doing what I want to do even though he lives almost an hour from me.  Have fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)