Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do i do when the man i love wants nothing to do with me or the baby that im keeping no matter what?? someone please help!

Posted by   + Show Post

so i found out i was pregnant on friday and i told the father who ive only been dating for about a month and a half and im about 4 to 6 weeks pregnant and he doesnt want anything to do with the baby or me...ive completely fallen into a depressed state and im scared cause i dont want to have a miscarage i already love this baby to death but i love the guy im having it with too...i dont know what to do i want to somehow convince him that im doing the right thing and to stick by me through this but i dont know what to say to him hes so against it and hes 6 years older than me i dont get it...someone please help me im keeping the baby no matter what but i really want to find a way to make him come around some how please help someone!

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:59 AM
Replies (31-37):
cholita1978
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:05 AM
On one of your replies you're implying that "you would have an abortion if he decides to stay with you???" Girl sorry but I dont feel bad for you. You are putting a man's needs on top of yours, and your future baby, screw that. If you really wanna have your baby, then have your baby. If that asshole wants nothing to do with you then too bad. Its time for you to grow up, you will make it.
pregosngmom
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Well, time will tell if he's really ready for the "Dad" part.  Let him step up or step out and be on his merry way.  If he's not one hundred percent in it then I promise you and your child are better off without him.  It's hard facing single motherhood, but it all works out for the best in the end.  Take care of yourself and your babino! 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Being a single mother is not easy you can't count on the father to be there help with child support. Be ready to do this on your own. Adoption is always an option
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandallyn
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I dated a guy for 9 months. Found out I was 6 weeks pregnant and he demanded an abortion. You can know a person for quite a while and still find out they're not what you expected. Once he made it clear he wanted nothing to do with the baby or me I left, fully prepared to be a single mother.
I suggest you do the same. Bear in mind just because the court rules you should receive child support does not mean that he will pay it.
Now you know for the next time you meet who you believe is Mr. Right that there is an entire list of details to consider before you fall head over heels. Good luck.
steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:58 AM

group hug

Chloesmom2004
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Quoting everything everyone has already said
malducin2128
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:24 AM
I dated mine for 2 months.. Dumped him as soon as I found out I was pregnant. That's the other side of the coin.. Realizing that a man you barely know doesn't need to be in your lives unless he proves himself worthy. Mine wasn't. I was only 18 when I made that decision. I know it's gonna be really hard to put your feelings aside,but you now have to put the baby above anyone else, including yourself.
Yesterday my daughter turned 4 years old and although we haven't seen a single penny from that bastard for child support,I don't give a damn, because the peace we get to keep is PRICELESS.

In time you will learn all of this. I'll be thinking of you in my prayers. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)