Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

If you are a divorced mom.....

Did you keep your married name after you divorced? Why or why not? Decisions, decisions.
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Replies (11-20):
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes.  I wanted it to be the same as my girls.  (unless i get married again, then I will change it).  I also didnt want to have to change all my ID's and accounts and all that BS.  Plus my married name is shorter than my maiden.  And maaaaaaybe a little because it pissed off my ex's mistress that I kept the name.  LOL!  I'll admit it.  

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Hehehe....read my response. 

Quoting tiredalways:

I kept my married name because of the kids. After he got married to his whore she was mad that I kept the name

but I thought it was funny.

woodstock525
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I kept my married name.  I didn't have any feelings one way or the other, but to me it just wasn't worth the hassle of changing.  Plus I was known professionally by that name, so I didn't want to change for that reason.

tinyone2006
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I kept my married name because of my daughter. It's just another name to me but for my daughter it's part of who she is and who i am at this age

macbudsmom
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I kept mine as it is my kiddos' name. 

Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:33 PM
My maiden name had such huge significance and symbolized retaking control of my life. But I think the best part was hearing his voice break when he realized that i had changed it.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:14 PM
My mom changed her name totally because she didn't want to go back to her maiden
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marga01
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:26 PM
I never changed my name! Didn't see the purpose! Love my last name better. My son doesn't understand yet. Don't want any association with the dirt!!
newbie1198
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I KEPT MY MARRIED NAME BECAUSE I WANTED MY LAST NAME TO CONTINUE TO BE THE SAME AS MY CHILDREN

mcrred
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I went back to my maiden name because I didn't want to share the same last name as him after he hurt me. The kids didn't really think much about it because so many kids at their school had different last names than their moms. I just explained it as, "You share the same name when you're married, we're not married anymore, so I'm going back to my last name I was born with."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)