Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

If you are a divorced mom.....

Did you keep your married name after you divorced? Why or why not? Decisions, decisions.
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Replies (21-30):
owl0210
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Yes
lazyd
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I'm keeping my married name.  It's not that difficult to change, but I just don't want to get use to going by another name!  I wouldn't even remember what to call myself!

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:49 PM
I have been considering doing that

Quoting LifeCafe42:

My mom changed her name totally because she didn't want to go back to her maiden

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:22 PM

i'm not divorced..heck, i've never even been married...BUT if i was, and then i did get divorced, i wouldnt think that i would keep his name...i wouldnt want anything to do with him...i know a few people who have been divorced, and they all took their maiden name back.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
She made her middle name her last name my sister shares her middle name and I added it into mine so we all have a common name

Quoting conniejo75:

I have been considering doing that

Quoting LifeCafe42:

My mom changed her name totally because she didn't want to go back to her maiden

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmarsh3
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:21 AM
I kept ny married name, because I earned it!! Plus it matches my daughter. When my mom got married and I had siblings, I was the only one with a different last name. It made me sad a lot.
Chele1993
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:23 AM

i will be going back to my maiden name when my divorce is final.  because of what happened in our marriage and what my ex did, i do not want any part of my ex to move on with me!!!

a06z08mama
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:30 AM
I went back to my maiden. I am not originally from the town I live in. So my last name isn't heard of that often. And exs last is associated with some drunk druggies in town. (Including him) I wish I could change the kids last name so they won't have to deal with it. But then again I like to rub it in his face that technically DD was born with my last name. Hospital records and all say Baby Girl ..... so yeah I could be a big bitch. But he is on the birth certificate. So :/
youdontdefineme
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I happily changed mine.
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Kept the married name.  Wanted the same name as my kiddo and didn't want to deal with the headache of name change bull. 

On a side note, I've heard some lame ass reasons as to why I should take back my maiden name.  Best of the bunch was "well, when you meet someone new, they won't want you if you have another man's name...."  As if I give two shits about what some potential boyfriend might think about my last name.  Only immature ass hats would have an issue and insecure women would change it solely to please a new man. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)