Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Wow I'm scared what he will do now that is ordered to pay this much!!

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:51 AM
  • 28 Replies
I just recieved the amount of support that I am due to get for our one child! It's alot of money and I didn't expect it too be this much! He has two children by two different mothers he pays the other child 700 a month and now is ordered to pay me over 1100!!! I'm scared as to what he can or can't do now!!! Anyone have any advice?!? We live in two different states he is in Vermont and I'm in Florida plus he has never even seen out 15 month old in person only over FaceTime! Do I still let them video chat I don't know what to do I know when he gets that letter he is going to flip out on me! Nervous advice please!
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kitty8199
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Just do what you've been doing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Really it isn't your problem. If he gets mad hang up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lyssa42
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Exactly I tried to settle this out of court but he only wanted to offer 5 a month I just have a gut feeling he is going to either try to get custody or quit his job n move back
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Okay, out of curiosity, what does he make? 1100 is an awful lot of money for one child. Not to mention he has another child and doesn't pay that much for the other one.

heretolisten
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:33 AM

My guess is he will contest the amount and likely win.  Maybe because it's a matter of two states, they didn't see the previous order?  Either way, I wouldn't change anything regarding communication/contact, but be prepared for him to contest it.  If he's got that kind of income to award you that amount of money, he's likely got the ability to pay for an attorney or at the very least, fees to contest the decision.  

mmpdrs07
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with everyone else just keep doing what your doing.  If he calls mad just do what I do and hang up, my ex called me 21 times the other night in just over an hour!  Needless to say I told him that if he called me again I would press harassment charges on him.  Just because he's not happy doesn't mean he has to make you feel like crap.  If he starts being ugly do just like I did and tell him straight out you can gladly press harassment charges and be done, but I would hope it wouldn't come to that point.  

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:56 AM

My ex tried to throw our settlement agreement out the window and actually took me to court to overturn the judge's decision that was made back in Nov. 2011.  My idiot ex actually forgets that he signed the agreement.  It was for only $600/month for our daughter while she attended college and to repay me for the embezzlement and repo of our daughter's car (he refused to pay for).  I had to purchase a new car because of is incompetence.  The jackass actually cross-examined me in court and lost! 

I say ignore the hatefilled texts and phone calls.  If you have to block them.  Let the courts handle the cs.  It's not your fault that the sum is the way it is. 

I actually had to block my ex from texting/calling our daughter because he harrassing her and abusing her.   So, he's basically a jackass. 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I agree with this.  Just monitor the situation when they talk and if you feel it becomes inappropriate say so and then end the call.

Quoting kitty8199:

Really it isn't your problem. If he gets mad hang up.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I really like her advice that I've put in red! 

Quoting steviechick:

My ex tried to throw our settlement agreement out the window and actually took me to court to overturn the judge's decision that was made back in Nov. 2011.  My idiot ex actually forgets that he signed the agreement.  It was for only $600/month for our daughter while she attended college and to repay me for the embezzlement and repo of our daughter's car (he refused to pay for).  I had to purchase a new car because of is incompetence.  The jackass actually cross-examined me in court and lost! 

I say ignore the hatefilled texts and phone calls.  If you have to block them.  Let the courts handle the cs.  It's not your fault that the sum is the way it is. 

I actually had to block my ex from texting/calling our daughter because he harrassing her and abusing her.   So, he's basically a jackass. 

Lyssa42
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:02 PM
The court did see what he pays for child support it was brought up in our hearing and it showed on his paycheck stub it automatically being deducted! The other mom was awarded 989 in her case but since it was through a divorce they went to mediation and she settled with him for 700 a month. He knows now the amount found out today wasn't very mean to me about it he just said its bullshit that is a lot of money I told him I was shocked too! I'm trying to be nice and co parent since he says if he is paying that much he wants visits! Which I'm ok with when She is older he is a good dad! I'm really just shocked of the amount and he said he was going to FaceTime with the baby tonight but called n said he went out! He also has to pay for her medical insurance through his job n pay 66% of all medical bills. He doesn't understand if we both have almost the same year to date income which is at 25000 how he is paying so much!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)