Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Dating- he freaked on me before our date...

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:07 AM
  • 17 Replies
Met someone on line,spoke a lot over the phone and set a date we had a lot in common and we were both exited. Our big day was tomorrow. He txted me asking to call him. Didnt do it right away as I was busy. Then a fe hrs later...he txted me saying that he had been thinking that we lived too far way(45min drive) and that thinking in a few more months a head it was going to be an issue...it truly dissapointed me so I said ok...then he said that he still wanted to see me really bad...that maybe he was worrying too much...and that he would leave it for me to decide if I still wanted to meet...so I said What he had told me was a.Complete turn off and that in the end he was right...we said goodbyes kindly and nicely... What was I suppose to say? Did I messed up? Why did he change his mind?
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BabyPink07
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I think he was just nervous. I would've done the same as you. To freak out like that before you even meet! Sounds like he has anxiety issues or something. Idk. To me 45 min is not that far of a drive.
KarasMama2530
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree, 45 isn't that far. I drive that every weekend to see my man. He just got stationed here (army) we met like 2 weeks after her got here and hasn't saved up for a car yet. So I've been the only one making the drive and it feels like nothing. If a man isn't willing to do 45 mins for you, he's not worth it. You made the right choice in my opinion.
mmpdrs07
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I say the right choice was made.  If he's not willing to commute a little bit then I sense flags going off.  I just met a guy this weekend that lives 45 mins from me and is willing to make that commute anytime I call and extend the offer.  Maybe it was a good thing you seen this sign before the dating started and feelings really became involved.  

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I'm on a dating site.  My preferences are not more than 25 miles from where I live simply because of the distance.  However, a 45 min drive isn't that much.  My guess is that he didn't like the idea of gas/travel time and constant drive to see each other.  Perhaps you need to find someone that lives closer.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I agree with this.  The guy that I'm currently seeing and getting to know lives about an hour and a half away lol

Quoting BabyPink07:

I think he was just nervous. I would've done the same as you. To freak out like that before you even meet! Sounds like he has anxiety issues or something. Idk. To me 45 min is not that far of a drive.

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Its not that far.  He sounds weird for freaking out like that before you even met.  I have been talking to this guy online for about a week.  He lives like 10 minutes away but we havent made plans to meet yet.  I was really busy yesterday and didnt have a chance to get on and chat.  About 10pm last night i get a notification from him saying "Are you just done talking to me or what?"   UMMM....excuse me but i didnt realize we were married.  And he didnt message me either so....yeah idk about him now.  He sounds needy.  LOL! 

Bribriesmom
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
You met him on a dating sight, you have to wean the psychos out before you go out with him. He called you a bad name, I wouldn't question or justify his behavior. You made the right decision.
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I've had a few do that as well and it completely turned me off of them.  I was shocked at how needy some guys are, especially since its usually the women that you hear about being really needy and clingy!

Quoting Stephd710:

Its not that far.  He sounds weird for freaking out like that before you even met.  I have been talking to this guy online for about a week.  He lives like 10 minutes away but we havent made plans to meet yet.  I was really busy yesterday and didnt have a chance to get on and chat.  About 10pm last night i get a notification from him saying "Are you just done talking to me or what?"   UMMM....excuse me but i didnt realize we were married.  And he didnt message me either so....yeah idk about him now.  He sounds needy.  LOL! 

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:49 AM

This guy I am dating lives almost an hour away. It has been a challenge seeing each other esp. since I have kids and am only free on certain nights. If you guys really like each other it shouldnt be an issue. Meet in between.

Blessed_Mommy87
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I agree with others that isn't very far at all and if he really wanted to see you that wouldn't have mattered. When I met mine we lived states away then I moved closer to family but was still 3 hours away. But we didn't let that stop us we still saw each other as often a spossible and I settled closer to him and now hes deployed across the world! so we don't see each other exceot skype lol. Distance should no matter in a relationship but what matters is two people that truly want to be together and make it work.:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN