Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

New here introduction and to say hi... kinda long sorry!

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:46 AM
  • 8 Replies

My name is Shelly im 28 and live in Central Texas, I left my sons father back in April (on the ex's birthday none the less) and moved back into a duplex my mom owns.  I was never married to him thank God!  But our split was ugly to say the least about it.  He ended up hooked on xanex and spice and just could not function anymore, say nothing about get a job.  He hasn't worked the most of our 5 year relationship and I decided enough was enough and moved out.  He has yet to own up to the fact that he has a problem with drugs and thinks he did nothing wrong to cause us to split.  He got a job the day after I moved out I guess he figured he was going to have to take care of himself so he needed to pull his head out of his butt and do something.  I have yet to see a dime of child support and he hasn't kept Calvin (our 3 year old) since we left, not that I want him to while he's strung out.  He was verbally abusive to me and the kids, he had a 9 year old son living with us as well from his previous marriage.  When we first got together he was nothing like he is today he was caring and actually worked for a living!  Anyways things since the split have yet to become civil between us he called me the other night 21 times between 3 and 420 AM!  I finally told him I was going to call and file harassment charges if he didn't stop so he did, and then I woke up to an OMG text from him telling me all the stupid shit he could think of, he's sorry, he loves me still, he wants us back together you get the picture.  Well im not going back, actually I met a man this weekend that I really like so far.  He's caring and actually listens when you talk to him, asks about my day and all the things a man should do for his spouse/ gf whatever they are.  I know it seems soon but I feel im ready to start over and stop living in the past.  He came out and met me at the park while my son played on the playground and just talked to me.  We have kept in touch via text and phone calls since then.  Im not pushing anything fast this time im just going to take it day by day and see where it goes with him.  He lives about 45 mins from me so not to bad and so far he's the one willing to make the trip to see me.  Tell me im not crazy for thinking about starting over again?  If there is anything I left out just ask and ill check back in later.

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Welcome!

mmpdrs07
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Oh and I hope everyone has a great 4th!

RJC78
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I don't think it's too soon.  My ex left in November.  I started talking to my current SO about a month later.  We started officially dating about 10 days after my divorce was final.  But, I had known him a couple years so he wasn't a complete stranger.  ANyways, I think you are doing it right by taking it slow and getting to know each other.  Good luck!

mmpdrs07
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I guess we shall see how it goes.  So far all is well with the guy and I so far like what I know about him and I guess he does me as well.  Here's to the best.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I don't think you're crazy at all.  

mmpdrs07
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Well the new guy just texted me (he knows im at work) and asked me to watch a movie tonight with him.  He even offered to take the little guy because I didn't know if I could get a sitter and we would have just watched a kid movie.  I haven't had a guy do that in a long time, even my ex wouldn't go do anything with me say nothing about taking the kids too.  So we shall see how it goes!  Ill update tomorrow.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Welcome! I'm glad you found us!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmpdrs07
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Well I went to the movies with the new guy last night and things went really well, he's actually going to come back up again tonight and watch the races while I work (I work at a local dirt track).  So far so good with this guy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN