Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

No Child Support

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:10 AM
  • 28 Replies

Hi, I'm new here and just really wanted to talk to someone who can relate. Divorced mom of 2 girls, age 12 and 8, have sole physical and legal custody, ex has visitation. He left for someone else and for the first couple of months post divorce, didn't do visitation, well once a week for an hour or two, but did pay child support. About six months after the divorce, he started paying child support sporatically, and by nine months after, quit paying child support all together. It's now almost four years later, and he still does not pay child support and works under the table to avoid it being taken out of his paycheck. Last year, when he found out I had started dating someone, wanted his every other weekend and Wednesday visitation, which is what he currently does. When he has them, he will take them to movies or buy them toys and take them out to eat. In other words, "fun" things I cannot afford to do. But he will not pay any child support.

I have an OK job, but I'm finanically stretched every month paying for the expenses for the 3 of us on my own. I have to borrow money from my parents many times, and I hate that. I'm just so frustated, he owes about $13,000 in back (and current) child support and as far as I can tell, the enforcement agency has done nothing.

Can anyone else relate?

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristiansmommy1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Have you called the enforcement division? Here they take their license after so many weeks of not paying
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:12 AM

My sons dad and I do not pay each other child support so I cannot relate to that part, but here' s a bump with the hopes that other moms in here can help!

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:13 AM

group hug

lnrmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Call the enforcement agency and tell them you want to press charges for... violating the court order, can't remember the legal term.

mcrred
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Hi girls, yeah I have called the enforcement agency and I just keep getting transferred to my "case worker's" machine. Have left messages with no reply. As for the taking away his license thing, I suspect that may have happened once (I got mail for him at my house from the license bureau once) but he was driving all that time, so if it did, he didn't care and just kept driving anyway.

mcrred
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I have thought about seeing the local "free legal clinic" to see if there is anything I personally can do in court. I cannot afford a lawyer on my own.

mmpdrs07
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I know I will probably never recieve a dime of child support from my ex and im sorry I know how that feels.  He only works for cash and that makes him nontraceable.  He told me the other night that If I would have gotten a price on fixing the AC in my truck I would have had CS because he would have given me that money and I could "consider" it CS.  Im sorry but that's NOT CS!  It's tight for me but we manage and that's the best I can do.  HUGS momma Im sorry and I know how badly it hurts to have someone just walk out like that.  

tinakinakins
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Yeah, to an extent. Only he refused to have any active role in her life. And no, I receive no child support.

dawncs
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:43 PM

He could be bribing them one day for when they might want to live with him since he is the fun parent with money. He might want to do in the future for child support from you. However, he does not realize that he will not get child support because of the arrears owed to you. He will never believe you on this one. It is good you good you go for garnishment because the county and state tracks his arrears.

Dawn

Group owner of Different Learners Support Group (http://www.cafemom.com/group/118648)

MomAmy77
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I'm recently divorced with sons 11 and 8 . My ex is behind as well . I have primary custody . He only owes me around 2,000.00. If you ever need to talk or vent I'm here 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)