Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Do your kids tell you... ?

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:47 AM
  • 10 Replies

Do they tell you about things that they do at their dad's house? Do you ask?

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:07 PM

They don't come home saying "Mom we did blah blah blah at dad's house". And I do not ask them what they did, I ask if they had fun. Eventually over the next few months I'll hear, "we did that at dad's" or "gma xxx made that at dad's" etc. Even though I want to grill them on what they do there I know its not in their best interest so I leave it alone.

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:14 PM

My girls are 2.  They dont say much beyond "I play with Daddy" or "I play with Bubby!"  I usually will just ask if they had fun or went to the park.  

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I would never ask my DD what she did with her dad IF she was talking to him and spending time with him.  I prefer not to know what they say to each other.  As long as he's good to her that's all I would care about.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:57 PM

As with when he comes home from anywhere I just ask the general questions of did ya have fun and what did you do, but most of the time he tells me what they did before I even ask that question.  I do that whether he's been at his dads, a friends, school, daycare, or my parents, just making general conversation with him.

woodstock525
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:28 PM

LIke other mom's I asked if my dd had fun.  And, no matter what she told me about her weekend, I tried very hard not to interject my personal opinions into the matter.  I am deathly afraid of guns...always have been and when we were married, he kept his hunting rifles at his mom's house because I wouldn't have them in ours.  When her dad took her to the shooting range, hunting or ice fishing which I wasn't happy about, I just let it go.  It was his thing to do with her on his time.  I didn't use anything she said to lecture him or her or 'worry' about her when she was with her dad.

MamaHens3
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Yeah my three big kids tell me things about my XDH's house, I tell them that's cool but I'm good not knowing. I ask though about things there, if it's about when they had their last bath there. Things about their care, but nothing serious personal about his life. I could care less, I know who he is and known him for 10 yrs no need to know what he does. 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:48 PM
DS doesn't go but my friends kids volunteer lots
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:13 PM

my daughter only saw her dad from age 3-5..so she came home full of stories..and most of them were about how he slept the whole time...not impressed!!

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I just ask if he had fun, etc. I may ask if he enjoyed spending time with his brother to which he'll usually tell me something new his brother is doing (he just turned one). Which typically turns into when he'd start walking, talking, playing with toys, etc. I think it's wrong to sit there and question your kid about what went on unless you're concerned that something inappropriate or harmful is happening.

KRIZZ25
motherhood is not a race..u can't outdo one another..u go go ur own speed.
Yesterday at 2:56 AM
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:54 PM
yea .thy only go see dad once a year .last time "granny"was saying shit about me again ..i put stop to it .i told thar dad..if it happens again no visits at ur house.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)