Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

son acting out need advice

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:54 PM
  • 13 Replies
My son is starting to be very destructive and he's starting to break things and I don't know how to handle it because I can't take him anywhere without him breaking things
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:34 PM
How old is he?? The more detail the better responses/advice we can give
mommyecr3
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Okay, I need to know his age, what he's doing and if there are any specific changes happening in his/your life right now before helping you is possible, okay?

rwylie
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:04 PM
He is five. Me and his dad have been split for 1 1/2 years now. First started with a kitten last week to breaking things this week.
mommyecr3
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I still can't get a grip on what you are seeing as  a pattern of why he is so angered which is the reason why he is doing this. Has daddy stopped paying attn to him? have you - sorry to ask - begun to react/act differently to something happening differently lately?

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Has there been something that happened a change recently?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Have you been seeing someone that you've had around your son?
mmpdrs07
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Many, many things could cause this behaviour.  Daddy stopped coming around, you acting different even if you don't think you are, are you seeing someone new?  Has something changed in his life school, friends, caretakers?  

hendersoneve
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

If you are concerned I would take him to a child pyschologist or counselor. I had to do that with my daughter. She still is a work in progress but she is getting better slooooowly. Part of her issue had to do with the fact that she was upset that we moved away from her grandmother and her dad. Kids acting out in anger sometimes is just their way of getting more attention even if its negative. That's whay my daughter's counselor told me because I couldn't for the life me understand why she chooses to act out when she knows she is heavily rewarded when she acts good. Apparently I give her more attention when she is bad than good. Maybe try ignoring him when he acts out and over emphasize and praise him when he is good. That one technique I am currently trying.

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 2:37 PM

He may be acting out because of a recent change in his life. I suggest you try and talk to him to see if he can explain what's bothering him.

rwylie
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:48 PM
I know he says that he wants his dad and me back together. I have tried to see others but kids dad acts out every time i atemped to see someone. Now he wants to work things out and i don't. So that might be why my son is doing it but i don't know. Thought bout seeing a counselor for him. But going to other people's houses in breaking stuff for no reason is very unacceptable to me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)