Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Who would want to be up at 5 am?

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:31 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am supposed to be taking a supervisor position at work, (I work retail) but part of that is having open availability. Most of the shifts would be going in at 6 am. I would have to be there at 6 which means I would have to leave my house at 5:30. I need someone at my house by 5 or 5:15. I just need them to get him up and dressed and get him to school. Why does this seem so hard and complicated? I have no idea what I'm going to do. I don't have anyone to help me out. No family except my mom and she can't do it and doesn't want to because she can't deal with my son. (he has SPD sensory processing disorder)  What do you do? Where to you turn for help with stuff like that? If I don't take this position I won't have full time any more, I will have to take a part time position and I can't afford to do that.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LauraMH
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Have you looked into a nanny. My sister has a full time job and goes to a families house at 5am 5 days a week to get the boys dressed and off to school. Then She goes to work. There are many people out there that will do that. Obviously you would want a background check and references. But if you are getting a promotion hopefully you are getting a raise too. That way you can afford a little extra in child care.
landontsmama08
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Your sister is exactly what i'm looking for. I just don't know where to start. I have about 3 weeks to figure something out.

Quoting landontsmama08:

I am supposed to be taking a supervisor position at work, (I work retail) but part of that is having open availability. Most of the shifts would be going in at 6 am. I would have to be there at 6 which means I would have to leave my house at 5:30. I need someone at my house by 5 or 5:15. I just need them to get him up and dressed and get him to school. Why does this seem so hard and complicated? I have no idea what I'm going to do. I don't have anyone to help me out. No family except my mom and she can't do it and doesn't want to because she can't deal with my son. (he has SPD sensory processing disorder)  What do you do? Where to you turn for help with stuff like that? If I don't take this position I won't have full time any more, I will have to take a part time position and I can't afford to do that.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:44 PM
When I was on a variable I used a 24 hour child care she did stuff like that but you dropped your kid at her house
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Look around on care.com or advertise on craigslist. You may be a ble to find a mom in your area that could do it for a low price.

KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:49 PM
can u find a home day care ?? or friend that can do that ?
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Check and see if any inhome daycares offer 24 hour care or maybe post something on care.com

BeachMommy07
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:33 PM

My friend has a girl who's mom is a teacher at the local preschool here..get up 2 times a week and watches her child. She has to be at work (my friend) by 7 am and it's a long commute so the girl comes over around 5..

landontsmama08
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I think I may have found someone, but I'm not sure. I asked my landlord here at my apartment and she thinks she knows someone who can help me. Fingers crossed...hopefully she can help me!

NOLAmommaKRYS
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Definitely try care.com .. I'd be iffy about posting something like that on Craigslist .. Ask your friends on Facebook (if you have it) if someone would be willing to help.

My best friend has a similar issue when our girls start school in August so she is going to drop her dd off at my house every morning and ill drive them to school. She lives down the street from me and the school is a block away. My work doesn't mind me being a few minutes late so it works out perfect for us. And my work is a few blocks away.

Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)