Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Missing my babies! What would you do if...?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:24 AM
  • 7 Replies

My kids are off visiting their dad for at least another week and I'm missing them something terrible.

Of course, when I start missing them like that and knowing they're having fun, it makes me start thinking dark thoughts, like... What if they decide they want to stay & live with him?

So.... what would you do if your child decided they want to live with dad instead of you?

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:35 AM

My oldest son has played that card in the past. Thankfully after this summer I doubt he ever will again. When he did I just say that I have to go by what the laws and courts say, since they say that you live are to live here that's where you have to live.

BeachMommy07
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I have  1 child. He doesn't like the gf of my son's father. That would never happen.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:38 PM
If he really wanted to I'd let him. I would definitely prefer for ds to live with me, but if he decided to I'd let him.
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:43 PM
As long as Dad is involved and capable, then theres no reason he/she shouldn't if they are old enough to decide
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
woodstock525
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Kids tend to threaten this alot, but just like they cannot choose whether to visit their other parent or not; they can't choose to live in the other household....unless one of the two of you parents give the child that choice. 

That said, my daughter went to live with her dad halfway through her freshman year in hs.  This was primarily because the high school by him was so much better than where I lived out of state.  And, I put my daughter's future and her educational needs ahead of my desire to have her stay living with me.  She's now 19 and doing great...I have no regrets over my decision as it was in her best interest.

rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:59 PM

He's capable, but works long hours, sometimes 12 hours or more a day and sometimes 7 days a week.  He just isn't really in a position to care for a 12 year old autistic (high functioning) in a way that would benefit our son.  

Quoting conniejo75:

As long as Dad is involved and capable, then theres no reason he/she shouldn't if they are old enough to decide

steviechick
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:23 PM

My daughter is used to being with  me then with her father.   IF he was mentally stable I wouldn't agree to her spending time with him.  He's now married to the tramp that broke up our marriage.  I would only allow visitation between my ex and my daughter.  Once she turned 18 she could do whatever she wanted.  BUT, by that time she would have only had a relationship with her father, so I guess I'm covered!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN