Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Way confused, am i crossing any lines?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:54 PM
  • 11 Replies

I have not really dated anyone since the separation, even after finding out his new girlfriend is someone i thought was my best friend but she played me good. everything said to her she said to him. about 6 months after we separated his uncle and his wife had separated. i just joined pof 2 weeks ago and his uncle messaged me and we have been talking a bit. we are both going through our divorce right now and more or less looking for companionship. i enjoy talking to him a lot. i feel like im crossing some line and really confused. any advice? i should also ad its his step mothers younger brother so he is right around my age.

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:56 PM
They are not related by blood... if u and he feel ok with it then I don't see a problem. Just be careful. He may be trying to get info back to ur ex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpurgeonMom
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Thanks for the reply, we are both ok with it. he doesnt keep in contact with my ex at all except for on family occasions when he has to see him.

Quoting conniejo75:

They are not related by blood... if u and he feel ok with it then I don't see a problem. Just be careful. He may be trying to get info back to ur ex.

BeachMommy07
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:26 PM

holy small world. lol. go for it if it's what you want

deltathree
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Technically, it's not wrong b/c they are not really related, but I'd prob feel weird.  It's up to you, though.  Ya never know. 

burgqueen
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Meh unnecessary messiness imho
chirpymama87
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Creepy drama.
stillstandin246
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Stepmothers brother? U can go for it but it could get messy so make sure its worth it and u are up for the challenge.
RJC78
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I think I would feel a little awkward lol.  But I don't see anything wrong with it.  My only suggestion is to take it slowly.  It's going to create a lot of drama wioth both exes, so make sure it's solid and there's a good chance of it being long term.  Best of luck!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Sounds like a lot more drama then I would want to enter into
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bribriesmom
by Valentina on Jul. 7, 2013 at 5:35 AM
You two are both vulnerable, too soon to even be thinking about establishing a relationship with anyone especially that close to home. It will get messy, there will be drama. Be careful, there are other men out there. Just think about why their relationship didn't work & do you want the same problems.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)