Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Dating - Anyone else have this problem?

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:50 AM
  • 38 Replies

I decided I'd try to expand my social circle a bit and if things developed, date. The last 2 weekends I've gone out with a guy, had a great time, and he tells me the same. We connect, have good conversation and end the night feeling happy. In both instances, the guys tell me they had a fun time, too. The next day, it's as though I don't exist. I send one "thinking of you" type of text and it get no response. I'm confused and wondering if I'm just "special" at turning men off or I have uncanny luck at finding guys who just cannot be honest, or if this is what the landscape of sinle life looks like. It's pretty fustrating. 

by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeachMommy07
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:47 AM
5 moms liked this

Because they suck. There I said it. Lol. I gave up the dating scene for now.

Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I thought things like this only happened to ME. :(

Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I agree 100%, they suck!

Quoting BeachMommy07:

Because they suck. There I said it. Lol. I gave up the dating scene for now.

Bookoholic
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:59 AM
3 moms liked this
Yeah, a lot of guys sucks this has happened to me countless times. Now I'm with a wonderful man :)
stillstandin246
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Sadly its pretty normal. Guys are idiots :-/
stillstandin246
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Sadly its pretty normal. Guys are idiots :-/
Sj218
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Happens to me too. I don't really get it. Guess I've just learned that if I'm not worth the effort, then neither are they. No more man chasing for this mamma. They can come after me and put out some real effort or they can just go away.
kidlover2
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:36 PM
2 moms liked this
Speaking from the other side... Because of my personality I tend to attract the intense and aggressive pursuer, I am usually too nervous to respond straight always and when someone responds back to me too quickly, my instant thought is " NEEDY!" Better that you find out fast that these guys have issues instead of wasting your time with them. It takes time and effort and remember to never settle. I just married a man that is absolutely perfect for me. It does happen. :)
achavez219
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Me too! I've given up dating for now lol

Quoting Mommy2Boys0900:

I thought things like this only happened to ME. :(

MominCa
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:57 PM
5 moms liked this

some guys will say they have a great time.  even when they do not to be polite .I always follow my date with a thank you for the dinner or what ever .. nothing more nothing less.  text and then i do not message them or call them 9 out of 10 times they will call.  I asked a guy friend why and he said men don't want i miss you or thinking of you right off the bat too much too soon.   by saying thanks you let them know you had a nice time and leave the ball in their court.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN