Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Fully Loaded, so here goes...

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:08 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ladies, I am about to bare my soul...I don't want to be judged, but I guess that judgement and truth is one in the same...just let me have it after you read this..I'll try to be brief. :-)

Okay, so during the Summer of 2011, I began seeing a married man, and after several months of seeing him, I became pregnant in the Spring of 2012. After telling him that I was expecting, I hardly heard from or saw him. Out of the nine months carrying my son I probably saw him once. During the few times I heard from him, he would tell me that he was just having a hard time accepting the situation, but I couldn't understand that because I had no choice but to accept life as it rapidly changed before my eyes. He wasn't present for any appointments, wasn't there when our son was born, didn't sign the birth certificate., etc.

My beautiful son is now approaching 7 months and his father has seen him maybe 4 times, and I thought that he would not only fall in love with our son as much as I am, but that I would get back in his good graces as well. I learned that he and his wife separated when I was still very early in my pregnancy, and then after a recent visit, he laid some real truth on me--that he has been seeing another woman for the past year...

Have I been played? YES. Should I have expected something like this to happen? Absolutely! I just feel like the world's biggest idiot. I just wanted to vent and get that off my chest. I was going to ask that you be gentle with me, but this situation doesn't require gentleness...it needs a kick in the arse. I'm ready.

by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this
It's no one else's place to judge you. Your choices weren't the best but none of us are perfect.

Just learn from your mistakes and move forward. All you can do is be the best mom possible for your son.
kidlover2
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Ehhh.... My husband cheated on me. I'm eternally grateful that she has him now and I no longer have to deal with his lying and selfishness. Men like the one you are describing, are better off not being in your life. Get some self respect and better judgment and you won't keep making the same poor choices.
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Just learn from it and move forward. We have probably all been "played" at some point. I hope u are at least getting child support. Be glad he is not with you because he will cheat on the next girl too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rowans_mom12
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:24 PM

I learned a very hard lesson, and I will be filing child support papers now. I didn't want to before, but he doesn't get off that easy now.

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not about paying him back. It's about making him responsible for the child he helped create.

Quoting rowans_mom12:

I learned a very hard lesson, and I will be filing child support papers now. I didn't want to before, but he doesn't get off that easy now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)