Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Now I don't feel so bad

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:36 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I just had to share this. There is a new girl at work. She's a single mom like me and is always asking me questions about how I do it. The other day she was talking about how she gets so mad when women say how they don't get enough in child support and how she doesn't get anything since her DS's dad walked out and she is always broke. Yet she goes on and on about how she spends $100 a month to get her hair done and $25 every other week for her eyebrows and all sorts of other things. 

Well today she asked if my DS was potty trained. I told her we're working on it(he's 2 1/2) and he'll pee but we're still working on pooping on the potty. Her response was "Wow! My son won't even pee. He won't even sit on the potty!" I have been struggling with getting DS potty trained. He wants to use it like daddy but he gets so caught up in play that he forgets to tell me when he needs to go or says no if I ask him. Her DS will be 4 in October! I couldn't believe it! Well, I could since she doesn't strike me as a very attentive mother(I could be wrong), but 4 years old and not potty trained! I understand it takes each kid their own amount of time but that seems to be a bit outrageous. Although it did make me feel much better about struggling at 2 and a half.

Sorry, just a little vent that I had to share.

by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sunshine389142
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Oh yeah....don't worry about your son....but I also wouldn't judge too much about the 3.5 year old not being potty trained yet.  My dd was not potty trained until after 3 - and it was not due to me not trying.  She was potty trained by the time was 3.5, but I know how stubborn kids can be.  If my dd was a boy I think she would have been potty trained at 1.5.  She wanted to pee outside like her dad.  It was hilarious.

Good luck with the potty training!

sid1083
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Some kids just are harder than others. My former SS wasn't potty trained when I came in the picture and he was almost 4 (though it hadn't even been attempted). When we got him started he took quick to it. Now my dd? I started her when she was 2.5 and at pushing 4, she sometimes still has numerous "accidents" during the day. It's not due to a lack of trying, but it's frustrating as hell when they have minds of their own (and wet panties).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I wouldn't judge her for that, there could be a million reasons why her son isn't potty trained yet that you don't know of.

Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Yep. He could have bladder issues or something else medically wrong that prevents him from being potty trained.

Quoting amonkeymom:

I wouldn't judge her for that, there could be a million reasons why her son isn't potty trained yet that you don't know of.

MeggieK44
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I get that there are different reasons he may not be potty trained yet. It just kind of shocked me. And made me feel better about my DS not being potty trained yet
steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter wasn't potty trained until she was 2.  She was the last one in the 2 year old room to pass the potty training test.  When she realized that her friends had moved on to another room she quickly 'learned' how to potty train.  I think boys are always late in learning how potty train.  I have never heard of a 4 yr old not being potty trained yet.  I would wonder about that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)