Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

He's ”separated”, in the army, and wants to hide a possible relationship?

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:28 AM
  • 33 Replies
I began talking to this soldier (US Army) a while back. I really like him. He says he's separated from his wife (6 months apart) and until she gets the divorce going, we must hide any relationship we have on post (says we can't go out and about or it'll mean trouble for his career. as in being kicked out. How does that sound to you? Sorry if I make no sense. Falling asleep as I type lmao
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mygirls53
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I dunno about the army stuff, but anyone wanting to hide a relationship it suspicious. Why not wait until he is divorced?
Bookoholic
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:36 AM
In the army that is normal from what I understand. And him being discharged won't be an honorable one
SueSahara
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 4:41 AM
5 moms liked this

yes he can be dishonorable discharged if someone has a vendetta against him and rats him out (mostly they just look the other way in these types of matter unless it is brought to there attention which his wife can do when she finds out) but truth is if he really wanted a divorce why is he waiting for her to file. I think you should file this one in the on way column and keep it moving to the next man.

heretolisten
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Back off until he's divorced.  You're playing with fire.  

marcia943
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Dirty man . He will sleep with both of u . Yuk ... I did the same thing there full of shit . Tell him to call you when its final . The check the court to see if he is even filed . ?? I'm sure he isn't . They lie to get a piece of ass . He will cheat on you also .
brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:50 AM
That's what I figured. He said ”I'm making her file. She didn't have the money before, and she recently moved to Wyoming. She needs to be there three months prior to filing to gain residency.”

It doesn't sound right at all.
OCALAMOMOFTWINS
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:51 AM
3 moms liked this

I am from a military family, 3 generations and he is right, that could be considered adultery and he could be in serious trouble. Is he an officer? 

MomAmy77
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I wouldn't go that route if I was you . Sounds fishy . I wouldn't want that on my shoulder with the chance he is lying . High chances he is not separated and wouldn't want it done to me 

mhaney03
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:16 AM

My husband did this while we were still married.  My advice, dont' believe a word he says.

brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:01 AM
I just called him out on it via text. Asked why HE hadn't filed if he's truly done with her. No response yet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)