Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I ended it with POF guy. :(

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 3:36 AM
  • 20 Replies
I've been dating a guy for a about a month. Cute. Great shape for being almost 48. Divorced after a long marriage. I really really wanted to develop strong feelings for him since he is smitten with me but it did not happen. We had sex other night and I was just not feeling it. He is a little hurt and disappointed and said he wished he felt the same but thanked me for my honestly. So I feel like crap. I know I've hurt him but I feel this was the best. Sigh. I still feel like crap though.
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 3:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heretolisten
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:38 AM
2 moms liked this

Why did you sleep with him if you weren't emotionally attached?  

Mocking.Jay
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Lots of women do this. It isn't their fault. At least they tried to see if anything would develop.

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

I've been dating a guy for a about a month. Cute. Great shape for being almost 48. Divorced after a long marriage. I really really wanted to develop strong feelings for him since he is smitten with me but it did not happen. We had sex other night and I was just not feeling it. He is a little hurt and disappointed and said he wished he felt the same but thanked me for my honestly. So I feel like crap. I know I've hurt him but I feel this was the best. Sigh. I still feel like crap though.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:40 PM
4 moms liked this

If it's not meant to be, better to know now.  Don't be so hard on yourself.  It doesn't always work.

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Well if the sex was amazing I would have maybe had a change of heart. I shouldn't have done it.

Quoting heretolisten:

Mocking.Jay
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Yeah what the hell were you supposed to do? Ask him if he's good in bed or not? LMAO!

Adults have sex! That's what we do! Some have commited partners and some don't! 

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

Well if the sex was amazing I would have maybe had a change of heart. I shouldn't have done it.

Quoting heretolisten:

heretolisten
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL  Well, that kinda confirms maybe a superficial/physical relationship was you mission.  Thanks for clarifying.  You can built on nervous sex experience that may not be spectacular at first, but if the emotional spark isn't there, amazing sex won't change that. 

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

Quoting heretolisten:

steviechick
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, we all crumble in the heat of the moment.  I don't even know how I will react having sex with another man.  I was with my ex for 26 years and never cheated on him.  Now, I'm looking forward to dating but I will hold back on having sex until we have been dating for a while - at least a month.  I would hope he doesn't try and make a move on me.  I'm not one of those that have casual sex.  I'm 49 and have a daughter in college now living with me.  I don't want her to see men coming and going in my life.  IF a man wants to have a serious relationship with me he will know up front I'm going very slow.

mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:53 AM

It's hard not to feel bad when you've hurt someone else's feelings. Still it was better to do it now before later. If you had been seeing the guy for a long time his feelings would have gotten deeper and the hurt would have been worse. Sometimes dating after a long relationship is a lot of trial and error. Just be cautious.

mmpdrs07
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I couldn't agree with you more.  Im just starting to see a guy that I met on POF, he was the only one that didn't push the sex subject with me.  Better to end it before the feelings were more involved.  HUGS momma

Quoting mamalena137:

It's hard not to feel bad when you've hurt someone else's feelings. Still it was better to do it now before later. If you had been seeing the guy for a long time his feelings would have gotten deeper and the hurt would have been worse. Sometimes dating after a long relationship is a lot of trial and error. Just be cautious.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN