Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Sometimes you just gotta laugh at these people....

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 4:47 AM
  • 4 Replies

It's late and I'm washing clothes and browsing FB. I noticed that my daughter's dad posted a video that I had been hearing about but hadn't see, so I went to his profile to see it. In case anyone is wondering, it was that video of the man who broke into the lady's home and beat her while her 3 year old watched. Well anyway, after I watched the video, I started to be nosy. No reason really, just because. While I was scrolling, there was a meme that said something to the effect of "when I get married, divorce is not an option", then it had some funny quote like "you mad? Take your ass to kitchen cause we're working this out". I've seen it posted before by newly married couples and people who have never been married before.

I couldn't do anything but giggle to myself and shake my head. This is the same guy that's been married twice already and filed for divorce in both cases. As I'm reading it (again), I'm thinking "is he serious right now?" I'm sorry, that just tickled me pink LOL. You've been divorced twice but divorce is not an option?? Alright then.

by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 4:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:08 AM
1 mom liked this
My x always use to use that line on me- "divorce is not an option" but apparently lying and cheating was.
mcrred
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I hate that saying or people who think divorce is "evil." I'm in a support group for people who are divorced, and the one thing we have in common is all of our spouses left us for other people. It's not like you can "work it out" when the other person is cheating and wants to continue to cheat, or wants to leave and live with that person! Or if you are being abused, you do not need to stay and work it out because "divorce/breaking up is not an option!"

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:58 AM

My ex told me his first wife cheated on him.  I found out she simply left him because he left her with a bunch of debt while he went to learn to fly helicopters in Alabama.  FF and what does that skunk do to me?  He ends up having an affair.  I knew had he told me the truth to begin I wouldn't of had anything to do with his deadbeat rearend.  AND, had his first wife cheated on him he would have been too devistated to have it happen to me. 

Divorce was the only option in my marriage.  Had been for quite some time. 

kitcal78
by Gigi on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I've never been married so I can't testify to divorce or marriage woes.  I can testify to to this whack ass statement.  I hear single people who have never been married quoting it.  I literally laugh my ass off.  You can't stand strong to anything unless you have lived it. 

Other wise sit back in the single corner with the rest of the fools holding on this dumb ass quote.  All of you need a dunce hat. Idiots.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)