Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

The absent father

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:58 AM
  • 27 Replies

Has anyone here ever contacted an absent father after a period of time (more than a year) after they disappeared?  If so, what was your experience? 

by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sid1083
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 5:19 PM
I have not (haven't gotten to the year mark yet), but I don't foresee me contacting him anymore happening either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
neveragain17
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:46 AM
My daughters dad contacted me after our daughter turned 1 he made promises and of course never came through but I didn't get my hopes up I know that she has me I've been doing this on my own and will continue she's a few months away from being 2 he texts me every now and then but that's about it
SaraSnider
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:01 AM
Yep n got blocked from his fb and he changed his number. My dd will be 26 months on 16th and he has never seen her.
chirpymama87
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:31 AM
Omg that's terrible!
We're almost right there...
Except he doesn't have a Facebook acct and refuses to answer his phone for any of us. We haven't civilly spoken since my son's 2nd birthday in April.
I know it's not long, but if it wasn't for our hearing in March, he wouldn't have seen him since Dec.

And he denies our 8 month daughter....

Quoting SaraSnider:

Yep n got blocked from his fb and he changed his number. My dd will be 26 months on 16th and he has never seen her.
OCALAMOMOFTWINS
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Sorry, I just wish mine was an absentee right now!

kidlover2
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:32 AM
This

Quoting OCALAMOMOFTWINS:

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:34 AM
After a year of making the attempts I let him. Just because he is biologically the father doesn't mean he would be a good one. All I can say is get everything legal for sole custody now don't wait it will be easier if he doesn't want anything to do with the kid than if he gets a girlfriend later on that wants him to be part of the child's life
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OCALAMOMOFTWINS
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Sorry, I know that was a flip answer. I have been dragged through the family court system by the Petitioner for the last 2 years. I am just frustrated.

Quoting kidlover2:

This

Quoting OCALAMOMOFTWINS:

kidlover2
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Yup. My exhusband signed off all legal and physical custody. But now that I am recently remarried, he has stalked me, physically threatened me and my husband, called the cops on my husband, and threatened to not bring the girls home after their 4 hour a week visitation. All this for $86 a week for 3 girls. I'm a lucky woman.

Quoting OCALAMOMOFTWINS: Sorry, I know that was a flip answer. I have been dragged through the family court system by the Petitioner for the last 2 years. I am just frustrated.

Quoting kidlover2:This
Quoting OCALAMOMOFTWINS:

OCALAMOMOFTWINS
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

The egos on these guys, they don't care about you but let another man move in that does. Then you become their property. My ex is the same way, he feels he owns me and the children.

Ask your ex how he thinks he will like prison when he is arrested for child kidnap. If he has no legal custody, then that is exactly what will happen if he does not bring the kids home.

Quoting kidlover2:

Yup. My exhusband signed off all legal and physical custody. But now that I am recently remarried, he has stalked me, physically threatened me and my husband, called the cops on my husband, and threatened to not bring the girls home after their 4 hour a week visitation. All this for $86 a week for 3 girls. I'm a lucky woman.

Quoting OCALAMOMOFTWINS: Sorry, I know that was a flip answer. I have been dragged through the family court system by the Petitioner for the last 2 years. I am just frustrated.

Quoting kidlover2:This
Quoting OCALAMOMOFTWINS:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)