Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

the love that I do have

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:40 PM
  • 7 Replies

Mobile Photo

So I'm counting down the hours from doing a double shift at work --- overnight into 1st shift. I decided to call my son to see what he's doing and how his day is. My son and I have a very extraordinary bond. Sometimes I think he just knows me so well. To those outside of us, him and I, it's a bit peculiar because we are close. He's truly one of my best friends. After making some small talk I get this text message :

DEAR MOMMY I'VE had great memories I've had so much . I love you too much , please pick me up at 3 o'clock .
From , Laz and Mama

Someone whom I was intimately involved with ... we ended things recently --- bitterly. I was very hurt by it. I was at fault mostly. But the event made realize how vital it is for me to be a good mom to my son; how it is more of a priority for me to be a good role model for him than to be a good friend to someone else right now. I may never get the love I dreamt about as young girl. But I have this: a son who truly has shown that I am loved unconditionally. And there is something about loving him that gives me a sense of purpose, that makes me feel good about my past, proud even...instead of feeling foolish and regrettable or even embarassed....even for the smallest details. I really have never have had that with anyone ... in any of my relationships, friendship and/or otherwise. Loving me makes me feel for who I am, who I've become...and whatever else the future will bring. I loved being pregnant with him. I got scared and yet even then, he wouldn't let me go.
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 7, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this
It's amazing I never knew real love until my son
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

The best part of my day is hearing my daughter say "I love you, Mom". 

27Peanuts
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Quoting LifeCafe42:

It's amazing I never knew real love until my son

Isn't that wild? I'm 36...and to only realize now, at this stage in life, what unconditional love is...makes me well up with tears. For all the time, my heart broke for some guy who walked away from me..lied to me...cheated me...felt it was okay to hurt my feelings subconciously or conciously...I will protect this with my life.

alexis_06
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

it really is amazing how much love we can have for a child!! i love my daughter more than anything :)

v2011
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

My boys are the air I breathe.  I never imagined I could love two people so much. 

AidensAvonMommy
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

It's amazing. You never truly know the love you are capable of until you hold your child for the first time. When i found out I was pregnant i was so scared that I would do everything wrong. When i held my little man for the first time I knew i did something perfectly right and would do anything to prove to him what a blessing he is. People will come in and out of your life for reasons good or bad, but your child will always be your child and there is nothing that can take the place of that.

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this

My son is my world. Our kids can brighten our day like no one else can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)