Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Between my crazy 3 to and my parents I feel like I'm going to lose my mind

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:08 PM
  • 8 Replies
My almost 4 yo thought it was ok to punch me repeatedly today. Eventually I just snapped and spanked her on her bum. I told my mom (before my dd could tell her) and my mom goes on this long rant of how if the police start investigating me she will tell them the truth that I spanked her. Please keep in mind this was my FIRST time spanking her and it was one whack on her butt. My mother criticizes everything I do especially when it comes to my daughter, if I defend myself apparently I am being ungrateful because her and my dad do help me tremendously. But anyway on top of over critical parents my dd is getting out of hand. The last thing I ever wanted to do was spank her but that the last straw. I don't know how to raise her the way she needs to be raised and I don't know how to not let my parent's comments get to me
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I don't know how to raise her the way she needs to be raised

Have you thought of taking some parenting classes?

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:43 AM
There are great books and classes. It doesn't mean you are a bad parent just helps and give tips.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Check your local library for self-help books in parenting.  They will help you in dealing with problem children.

mz23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Awe. I wouldn't let what your mom said phase me, that is just over the top it would just look at her like yhis : l

As far as your daughter, your doing your best. I have a baby so I have no advice but as the other ladies said maybe try a parenting site or book or even try the group on this site and ask ppl what they do when there kid misbehaves at that age?
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:15 AM

group hug

sarahmiamaria
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:35 PM
These ladies have already given you great advice. Take what your mom said with a grain of salt and look into some parenting books or classes that can give you some strategies for discipline and stress management. Good luck mama! :-)
Oliviasmom72
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Spanking is not a big deal and sometimes needs to be done. It is not abuse unless you over do it and leave marks. I swat my 5 year old from time to time.

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:18 AM

It sounds like your mom over reacted. Look into different punishment methods and see if there's one that may work for your dd. Everyone needs to be on the same page when it comes to discipline.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)