Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

My life is Forever Changed

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:56 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

This was me on Halloween last year.  I had major health problems due to a gallbladder that over 9 Dr's said there was no "big" issue with.  I was in a bad accident where I had internal bleeding and most of my internal organs were removed.  After I finally got the gallbladder surgery (2 years later) after I had my 3rd heart attack, and the Dr had to remove scar tissue which let to other major surgeries, severed heart valve, damaged lung and liver, internal bleeding, it was on going for a while.  I had gained almost 50lbs from my normal weight.  So there I was, the heaviest I had ever been and feeling terrible.  I had to make a change.  In November I looked on ways to improve my life and I found it.  I didn't tell anyone what I was doing because I don't have the most supportive people in my life; and I wanted to not have people talk me out of it.  The results speak for itself.  My body is damaged and I have the worst time taking things you have to swallow because I don't have the normal digestive track.  When I joined I was sure I would not have any results because nothing works for me or I am allergic to it.  I had a negative outlook because I was so unhappy.  So I am here to say I loved how healthy I feel and how I dropped the weight. I dont know where my mindset would be today, had I not taken a chance and made a change in my life!  From one single mom to another; it is possible to look amazing, feel amazing, and have a new tomorrow.  I now dedicate my life to helping others.  Its funny, that the lowest time of my life, has transformed into be the best thing I have ever done.  Stay strong ladies with your goals!!

by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mz23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Congrats. But I must say you've always been a cute girl 8 )    (as the guys would say,no homo ; ) 

achavez219
by Abby on Jul. 8, 2013 at 6:23 AM
I agree with mz23! I think you look good before and after! It's always an amazing feeling to reach a goal :) Congrats!
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Congrats you look great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OCALAMOMOFTWINS
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:01 AM

You look fantastic! You are also a very strong young woman to overcome the medical issues that you have endured. I am glad that you are doing well and wish you continued sucess. You will be sucessful, because you refused to lay down and let life's adversities destroy you.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:20 AM

You do look great!  You have become a much stronger woman - both on the inside and out.  You gain confidence in yourself. 

lnrmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:56 AM

You looked great before and you look great now! How'd you do it though?

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:58 PM

You look great!

somemore83
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:38 PM

How'd you do it? 

Robsessed98
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Congrats on your strength and reaching your goals. You look great both ways, but imo you shouldn't lose any more.
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)