Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Besides online or work... ?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:36 AM
  • 13 Replies

How do you meet people?  Especially, how do you meet men/potential dates?

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Thru friends or at my sons school/sporting events.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Good question.  I'd like to know as well.

Maryloe
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:49 PM
I was thinking the same thing
Barblicious
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Join clubs or teams, or do activities you actually really enjoy doing, and you will meet other people who enjoy them. Get out and be social.

Don't be afraid to advertise you are single to the new people you meet. You might meet someone with a nice single friend they can introduce you to.  

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Join meetup. It's free. See what groups are near you.
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:08 PM

I don't :(

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:37 PM
3 moms liked this
Me too I think arranged marriage is looking pretty good :)

Quoting steviechick:

Good question.  I'd like to know as well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ghostcat90
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I don't

heretolisten
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I don't meet potential dates, but I do know how I **COULD**. 

If I wasn't flying solo to activities, such as social events like fairs, zoo, etc., basically anywhere people gather in groups and having to be the constant supervisor to DS, I could potentially have the opportunity to see someone of interest and strike up a conversation.  Even if you were invited to a wedding or outdoor picnic, friends of friends and relatives, etc., would allow you to meet and greet if you had the freedom to "flirt" with child in tow.  (I always go to these things alone with my son). 

I also believe I will have a good chance to meet someone once my son is enrolled in various child programs (martial arts, dance, gymnastics).  By joining these programs, you will be an onlooker and will meet other parents, some of them being single and perhaps will meet prospective partners along the way. 

Then, of course, there is always the gym.  If you are able to develop a workout routine, get engaged in classes and become a "regular" and soon you will become acquainted with other regulars and perhaps make friends.  

But although it *sounds* like a very good way to meet people, being candid, living your life normally and just being YOU (attracts a man who would find that appealing to see you in your "natural state" so to speak), it's hard for most single mom's to go these routes because we are almost always on "mom duty" and the fact remains there is the harsh reality that most men these days don't want an instant family.  Heck, look at all the single mom's out there which proves even biological fathers don't want to step into the role!  :(   

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:10 AM

There are a bunch of single dudes out there, too, like us doing stuff with their kids.  I've been going to the golfing range on my own in the mornings.  Looking for single dads out with their kids. I also go in the late afternoons when it's cooler outside.  I try and find a friend to hook up with to go to sports bars, too.  Football season kicks off next month.   There are going to be a lot of single dudes out with buddies of theirs (married buddies) having a brewski and enjoying the games on the big screen.  So, there are places to meet single dudes.  You just have to be creative.  ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN