Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Divorce Party

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:05 PM
  • 21 Replies
Did you have one? or Would you have one?
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I like the idea of celebrating my freedom from my marriage by having a Divorce Party, but I don't think any of my friends would come if I had one.
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think I would have one. I am a firm believer in marriage is forever and would be devastated that my marriage is over.

I do understand there are reasons for divorce, but people are too quick to run and get one.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:38 PM
I've been to one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:40 PM

A divorce with children involved is no reason to celebrate. I did not have one.

luvemboth
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:43 PM
I would never have one or attend one. There are legitimate reasons for divorce, but it's taken WAY too lightly these days. It kind of makes a joke out of the wedding and no matter how "freeing" it may feel, all involved are hurt, especially the kids. Broken vows are nothing to celebrate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cholita1978
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

When my lawyer called me to tell me my divorce was final, I bought a bottle of wine to celebrate, that was my "divorce party, number of guests: 1" :-)

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

My soon to be ex husband was my only boyfriend and even though I am devestated that my marriage is over, I still feel "free".

mhaney03
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:54 PM

I bought myself a divorce ring

Mac4411
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I had one. My ex and I had been seperated for awhile by the time we divorced and I thought I was doing okay by the time the actual divorce came about so I let my friends throw one. Was very surprised by how sad I got when the actual divorce took place and party came around. It was okay but I wouldn't tell others " Oh, you should have one"

FroggyNPunkyMom
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:39 AM

I honestly would have loved to have had one but many of my friends were sad that I had gotten a divorce so I didn't do it. They understood but they are also friends with my ex and were sad about it. My SIL and I celebrated in our own little way with lunch together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)