Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

21 year old single mom new to this site! ❤

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:04 PM
  • 5 Replies
I would love to hear other young single mom stories and see if we can relate in anyway.

I was with my daughters dad November of 2011 until April 2012. In April 2012 we got in a huge fight. Things got physical on his end and we couldn't see each other until about July or August of that year. I found out I was pregnant in May of 2012. I really thought I wanted to work things out with him. When we could finally see each other again, I wanted nothing to do with him. I didn't want him touching me or my belly or even him being around. We officially stopped seeing each other in September of 2012. He went a good month without talking to me, checking on me or seeing how his daughter was. He then got a new girlfriend in December. I had my beautiful daughter December 28th 2012. He was in the delivery room but didn't come until about 7pm and I was there since 7am. And he didn't stay long after she was born. Well now he is living with his new girlfriend and she is actually pregnant with his child and due in September. He doesn't help me financially or anything. My daughter (Lailah) is almost 7 months old and he has bought her two pack of diapers and maybe has seen her give or take 15times. He goes weeks without seeing her and when he does see her it's for like 30 mins. I haven't taken him to court or anything. I am scared that he will get visitation with her and I don't want that due to his past and due to medical issues.

I would love to hear everyone else's stories and answer any questions :)

Ashley
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
susieQ680
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this

hi i am susanna i have a son who is 7 and i live in arkansas . i am 30 and a stay at home mom. if u need to talk do not hesitate to ask k welcome to cafemom

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM

If I were you I'd file for sole custody. What's to stop him from keeping the baby after a visit?

Ashley-lailah
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:44 PM
He never sees her without me around. He is never alone with her. But I think I am gonna go Friday and do just that! I don't want that to happen
Delila12
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Hey. I'll be 22 in August and have 19 month old ds. Nice to meet you.
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Welcome!  :)

I'm glad you've removed yourself from what could have been a very scary situation.  I am hoping that you have documentation of the abuse so that you can use it in court should he attempt to go for visitation of your daughter.

Quoting Ashley-lailah:

I would love to hear other young single mom stories and see if we can relate in anyway.

I was with my daughters dad November of 2011 until April 2012. In April 2012 we got in a huge fight. Things got physical on his end and we couldn't see each other until about July or August of that year. I found out I was pregnant in May of 2012. I really thought I wanted to work things out with him. When we could finally see each other again, I wanted nothing to do with him. I didn't want him touching me or my belly or even him being around. We officially stopped seeing each other in September of 2012. He went a good month without talking to me, checking on me or seeing how his daughter was. He then got a new girlfriend in December. I had my beautiful daughter December 28th 2012. He was in the delivery room but didn't come until about 7pm and I was there since 7am. And he didn't stay long after she was born. Well now he is living with his new girlfriend and she is actually pregnant with his child and due in September. He doesn't help me financially or anything. My daughter (Lailah) is almost 7 months old and he has bought her two pack of diapers and maybe has seen her give or take 15times. He goes weeks without seeing her and when he does see her it's for like 30 mins. I haven't taken him to court or anything. I am scared that he will get visitation with her and I don't want that due to his past and due to medical issues.

I would love to hear everyone else's stories and answer any questions :)

Ashley

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)