Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Online dating? Do you/Have you? **vent** ((PIOG))

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:10 AM
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this

Have you ever talked to someone or dated someone you met online? Seems like all the men that I've came in contact with (4) are either batsh!t crazy or just plain stupid. So I've decided to try the online thing and see what happens. Yea that's a no go as well.

Met a guy on Tagged about a week and a half ago and we've been chatting quite frequently. I was telling my friend about him and she asked if I had looked him up (I have a habit of doing that because of my ex) It had slipped my mind but when I looked him up? Probation violation and domestic violence charges smh

Do I just attract craziness or something? I've been with 4 guys in my life and I'm 24yrs old. Ex/bby daddy is a lunatic, 2nd bf was a jailbird bouncing back and forth between me, prison and his baby's mother, 3rd guy was a fwb who ended up wanting a *prostitute* for himself and then 4th was fwb from work who was married/seperated but apparently was never married in the 1st place. SMH

Anyways, I asked the guy if he had a criminal history and he owned up to it which I'm surprised because most men wouldn't or they would try to play it off. He said he didn't hit her more like a hard shove but damn isn't that the same thing??

I just want to find someone who is decent, has good morals/standards, Christian (or at least believes in God) I don't want him to play daddy or anything to my son, just be there for both him and I. Works, eventually settle down, get married and have a couple more kids. Is that too much to ask?? Seriously? SMH

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeachMommy07
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Theres a Christian dating site, I think? Google it or maybe someone here can help. You need to set your standards higher girl. 

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Yea Christian Mingle? Is that the one you're talking about? You have to pay for that. The only sites I go on are Tagged and Hi5

Quoting BeachMommy07:

Theres a Christian dating site, I think? Google it or maybe someone here can help. You need to set your standards higher girl. 

heretolisten
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I think the majority of the online dating sites, particularly the free ones, will ultimately lead you to finding less than stellar men.  I, too, have found the felons, the criminals, the psychotic and the sociopaths.  That is in addition to the serial daters and wanna be date rapists who ultimately can scour the internet for willing participants for casual sex/hook ups to avoid the criminal label (JMPO).   There may be a few decent men out there but for the most part, I think the good guys are putting themselves out there the old fashioned way because from what I hear, on the flip side, the majority of women on the dating sites are those with baggage, undesirables or frauds (unhappy married women seeking attention from afar claiming to be single yet merely have low self esteem or simply want the rush of an affair without actually engaging in one).   Christian mingle is a joke IMO.   

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I think the free dating sites have a higher percentage of losers compared to sites you have to pay for. I tried doing the free online dating and all the guys I talked to were only looking for sex.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Yeah, POF is a free site.  A friend of mine went there and all she got were winks and ugly dudes wanting to get down her pants.  She never got involved with any of them.  Since then she's been on ChristianMingle.  She said that was a waste of time.  She said that there were plenty of guys interested in her but never committing to a more then an e-mail (one at that!) and then moving on.  CM is a paid on-line dating site with supposed 'Christian' men.  I don't get the fact that none of them even bothered to get to know her past one e-mail then moved on (shopped around).  I'm on Match.com and I've only been there for just over a week.  So far I've sent out several e-mails and winks.   All I get are interests back (they just lurk around my profile) then move on.  The ones interested in me are ugly.  I'm on a paid three month agreement. Maybe I'll get lucky and one of them will find me interesting enough to e-mail back and forth.  Then hopefully a date.  If nothing happens in three months I'm leaving. 

I really don't get how all the guys I'm interested in lurk at my profile and then never respond.  I'm not ugly.  I have fun interests.  LOL!

StormWitch
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:25 AM
I've sworn off dating for a while due to this. I work 45 hours a week and have a five year old. I did POF for two weeks and it was ugly guys, guys with no car or guys who wanted to know "so how soon can you get your ex to take the kid.?". Whatever.
kristiansmommy1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:33 AM
I met a couple friends on pof but one that I dated last summer just got charged with robbing a bank!!! He had just messaged again a few days before that too! Im reading the paper and thought that name sounds familiar! then i saw the address and went :O We had stopped talking because me, him, my sister and son all went out to dinner and we had to pay for his tip!! I can't deal with someone that doesn't tip lol try meetme, it's free and I think there's more 'normal' guys on there. Good luck!
SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Why do you think that is? The 4 I mention I met them all IRL. My ex and I met in high school and we were high school sweethearts, 2nd bf I met while working at a fast food place. Fwb's I met at one of my jobs.

What have you seen on Christian Mingle that makes you think its a joke?

Quoting heretolisten:

I think the majority of the online dating sites, particularly the free ones, will ultimately lead you to finding less than stellar men.  I, too, have found the felons, the criminals, the psychotic and the sociopaths.  That is in addition to the serial daters and wanna be date rapists who ultimately can scour the internet for willing participants for casual sex/hook ups to avoid the criminal label (JMPO).   There may be a few decent men out there but for the most part, I think the good guys are putting themselves out there the old fashioned way because from what I hear, on the flip side, the majority of women on the dating sites are those with baggage, undesirables or frauds (unhappy married women seeking attention from afar claiming to be single yet merely have low self esteem or simply want the rush of an affair without actually engaging in one).   Christian mingle is a joke IMO.   

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:37 AM

lol Never tried POF. My friend has a POF though and she says its ok.  The only "dating" sites I'm on are Tagged and Hi5. I don't think I would ever be on a site where I had to pay for it. Seems like a waste of money.

Quoting steviechick:

Yeah, POF is a free site.  A friend of mine went there and all she got were winks and ugly dudes wanting to get down her pants.  She never got involved with any of them.  Since then she's been on ChristianMingle.  She said that was a waste of time.  She said that there were plenty of guys interested in her but never committing to a more then an e-mail (one at that!) and then moving on.  CM is a paid on-line dating site with supposed 'Christian' men.  I don't get the fact that none of them even bothered to get to know her past one e-mail then moved on (shopped around).  I'm on Match.com and I've only been there for just over a week.  So far I've sent out several e-mails and winks.   All I get are interests back (they just lurk around my profile) then move on.  The ones interested in me are ugly.  I'm on a paid three month agreement. Maybe I'll get lucky and one of them will find me interesting enough to e-mail back and forth.  Then hopefully a date.  If nothing happens in three months I'm leaving. 

I really don't get how all the guys I'm interested in lurk at my profile and then never respond.  I'm not ugly.  I have fun interests.  LOL!

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:41 AM

lol how crazy! Imagine if you had went out with him on a date the day he decided to rob the bank? How much time did he get?

Quoting kristiansmommy1:

I met a couple friends on pof but one that I dated last summer just got charged with robbing a bank!!! He had just messaged again a few days before that too! Im reading the paper and thought that name sounds familiar! then i saw the address and went :O We had stopped talking because me, him, my sister and son all went out to dinner and we had to pay for his tip!! I can't deal with someone that doesn't tip lol try meetme, it's free and I think there's more 'normal' guys on there. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)