Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dating

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:39 PM
  • 5 Replies

So I've been single for 2 1/2 years or so now. I guess even the last year or two with my DD father I was pretty much single too but I have recently started thinking about dating. My DD is 5 1/2 years old and is obsessed with me getting a boyfriend. She says she doesnt want me to be alone. I tell her I have her and thats all I need but she continues to talk about it. I have joined a couple dating websites but havent had any luck, and the guys who have messaged me never message me again when I tell them I'm a single mom, even though I put that on my profiles. I work full time, have my DD everyday, and I'm working on becoming a certified medical biller, so I don't really get out. I have no single friends to help me out or anything and I just don't know where to start! Somebody please help me! Like my daughter I dont want to be alone though I would never admit that to her. I want someone to love me and someone I can love and take care of each other!

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:42 PM

hugs

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I've been legally separated longer than you have been single. I am not divorced yet, and I am not even thinking about dating.

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:12 PM

I've been single for four years and have never been on a date. The guys I meet are losers or only want sex. I don't even know where to start looking for a decent guy.

Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
My married friends all swear there are tons of decent, single guys out there...hahaha!

Sometimes I just want to reach across the table and shake them for thinking they have ANY idea what my new single mom life is like...but they are my friends so I just smile and nod and say a little prayer that they never have to find out.
steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I've been single for nearly 2 years.  Before that my ex was active duty and cheated on me the entire time he was away.  Married for 26 years before I found out my ex was a cheater, a liar and a scumbag.  I have a teenage daughter.  She wants nothing to do with her deadbeat louse of a father.  She wants me to date and be truly happy for once in my life.  I'm on a dating site hoping something positive comes out of it.  Otherwise, I'm just going to live my life and hope that Mr. Right comes along.  I have single friends, too, but they have younger kids.  They are like me - wanting and hoping to find love again and a man that respects them.  I wish I knew the answer to finding a good man.  I'm looking as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)